The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Retired takes on a whole new meaning for Sam today.

Hoping for a swift recovery for the missus!

Monday was actually 3 years of retirement (this current version of it anyway!). I celebrated by napping all through the day (but not by choice).

Sep.28 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Well, another fun morning of the Good News - Bad News game, but with fewer rounds of play today.

Good News: I slept VERY well last night, only getting up once at 4:30am to go pee. Feeling much better this morning!
Bad News: Wifey zonked out yesterday on the couch and went to bed early.
Good News: Nice and easy post-shower shave (with only a few coughing fits)
Bad News: Wifey tested positive for Covid this morning
Good News: <hard to find any after that>

My wifey doesn't handle getting sick very well. Even a cold lays her out flat. I'm hoping that she doesn't get a bad case and ends up just being tired all the time until it runs its course.

Sep.29 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Well, another meh shave in the books as September starts to come to a close. Wifey is very tired and slumbering a lot, and that's good for her recovery. I'm doing a lot better and sleeping well, so that's something to be happy about.

Sep.30 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

September is now in the shave-nooks and saw me use a DE for all 30 daily shaves. Not much to yak about this morning, as it's the normal coffee-news-chess-coffee-shower'n'shave non-descript routine.

Oct.01 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

And so September ends and October comes in. What's different from last month? Well, I had to flip over my calendar, but other than that, not too much has changed. Same meh shave providing for a nice smooth day. I tackled most of the laundry yesterday and finished off with the bedsheets and duvets this morning.

Oct.02 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

The first week in October and the temps will hit close to 30C/86F today and thereabouts for much of the week before dropping back to normal for the coming Thanksgiving weekend (this weekend for us Canadians). To celebrate, I .... ummm .... I ... err ... I took a shower and a shave! I'm still not back to pseudo-normal enough to hit the elliptical, but maybe sometime this week, depending on how things go.

Oct.03 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

It's Tuesday! .... and you know what that means, boys and girls?

Tomorrow's Wednesday!!! Which means that you need to make sure you turn on the alarm clock for 6:30 tomorrow morning so that I don't sleep in and forget to put out the recycling!

My life is sooooo very full of excitement. *meh*

Back