The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

^^^
Thanks for thinking of me. I bet your wife is very impressed that you mentioned "I have to show this to Sam!" 😜

Sep.12 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A wet and rainy morning today. ... I like it! Good for the veggies; good for the grass! As an added bonus, it means that I don't have to mow!

This morning's shave was nondescriptive and that works in my books.

Sep.13 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A nice and early start to the day as it's Wednesday, which means the garbage has to go out bright and early! I don't put it out the previous evening as I find there is a lot less clean-up required if the raccoon and gulls don't get a nocturnal window to dine in our driveway. The neighbours across the street are much kinder than I, as they like to ensure those critters not only get to eat, but have playtime as well with their garbage.

Sep.14 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A wonderful day yesterday as we had friends over for supper. On the menu was BBQ pork ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans from our garden, etc... and wine. Things wrapped up shortly before midnight and it was a lot of fun. THIS is what life is supposed to be about!

This morning's shave was super easy-peasy once again.

A wonderful day yesterday as we had friends over for supper. On the menu was BBQ pork ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans from our garden, etc... and wine. Things wrapped up shortly before midnight and it was a lot of fun. THIS is what life is supposed to be about!
Sounds like a very nice evening, Sam!

Sep.15 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

First night of competitive chess club for the season (we follow the school year) and I am tired this morning. Still managed to put in time to get a heavy sweat going on the elliptical and that was rewarded by a very welcome simple shave.

Happy Friday!

Sep.15 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

First night of competitive chess club for the season (we follow the school year) and I am tired this morning. Still managed to put in time to get a heavy sweat going on the elliptical and that was rewarded by a very welcome simple shave.

Happy Friday!
Check Meh

Sep.16 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Up and at 'em earlier than normal this morning as we're heading to the other side of Toronto to visit my mom. The trip normally takes around 45 minutes, but with lane closures for construction, it can sometimes take over 2 hours. The longest was 2hr 40 mins.

My no-workout shave was a nice and simple way to start the day, even if it was pre-coffee!

Sep.17 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A late no-shower shave this morning and, yup, whiskers are tougher without being wet for a few minutes earlier. Still, a nice enough shave to kick off the afternoon. Why afternoon? I had to drop my wife off this morning at her sister's place in Toronto so they could take another sister downtown for Sunday brunch at Hothouse Cafe. It's nice there, but grossly overpriced IMO. So I stayed home, drank coffee, did laundry and am now setting in for some afternoon NFL viewing.

Sep.18 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

It's Monday and that means it's back to ..... ummm, lemme see, back to the start of a new week in the news cycle! Yeah, that's it!

The elliptical workout provide for a sweaty start to the day, but that was nothing that a nice shower and shave couldn't fix.

Sep.18 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

It's Monday and that means it's back to ..... ummm, lemme see, back to the start of a new week in the news cycle! Yeah, that's it!

The elliptical workout provide for a sweaty start to the day, but that was nothing that a nice shower and shave couldn't fix.

Looks like your makeup didn't even run.

sweat-wipe.gif

Sep.19 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A mid-afternoon shave today as we were busy this morning and, after a light lunch, went for a 70 minutes walk with our buddy. Following my shave, I did some yard work cleanup to chop down some 6' flowers that are pretty much done for the season. Since tomorrow is our yard waste pickup day, it seemed like good timing to me.

Sep.20 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

An early morning shave today combined with my mid-afternoon shave yesterday meant less than 18 hours growths, resulting in a super easy-peasy shave. Out and about running around (actually me waiting in the car while wifey does stuff) for probably the next 4-5 hours. Whee!

Sep.21 37C/Astra SP(1) ............... Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

My 37C slant hasn't been used for a while (after checking, it's just over a month), so it got the call this morning for my post-workout shave. It went as expected, which simply means... it performed well enough to give me a DFS after my standard NS-SN 2-pass shave. Bridge club this afternoon and chess club this evening, so it's another busy Thursday!

Sep.22 37C/Astra SP(2) ............... Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Didn't sleep well last night as I had a nice headache that kept me tossing and turning. I decided to take an ibuprofen at around 3am and that did the trick, allowing me to get some shuteye until about 8am. No workout today, but the post-shower shave was more than good enough.

Back