The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.03 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Bank to the ASD2 for another easy-peasy post-workout shave this morning. Since it is the start of September, I think I will know off my head shaving for 6 months to provide some extra cover for the coming winter.

Sep.04 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Another nice and easy shave with only minimal attention required to be paid to ensure a clean result. Temps are heading up to close to 40C/104F with the humidex for the next few days, so it makes for excellent lounging in the shade with a drink and a book.

Sep.05 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

An early (for me) shave around 9am as the temps will hit 110F(43C) with the humidex, making for an excellent day to do some sanding, priming, and painting on a few areas of our shed that need touch-ups. 1st bit of sanding and priming is done and I'm sweating already, even though it's "only" 36C/97F.

Sep.06 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Early start to the day as it is garbage day and I needed a quick run out to Costco for gas before the lineups start, so it was up and out of the house at 6:30am. Once back, it was an early no-workout day shower and shave as we have a serviceman coming in during the 9am-1pm window (whee!... blah) for out dryer (broken belt) and stove (one stuck knob). Add to that, it's SWMBO's BDay. Excitement abounds!

Sep.06 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Early start to the day as it is garbage day and I needed a quick run out to Costco for gas before the lineups start, so it was up and out of the house at 6:30am. Once back, it was an early no-workout day shower and shave as we have a serviceman coming in during the 9am-1pm window (whee!... blah) for out dryer (broken belt) and stove (one stuck knob). Add to that, it's SWMBO's BDay. Excitement abounds!
Happy Birthday to the missus!!

giphy.gif

Holy smokes! May as well buy a new dryer for that price! You must have the ultra luxury model that folds and steams for you.

Well, the stove is a Maytag and the dryer a Whirlpool. Neither was even their mid-range offering when we purchased them 11 years ago. The repairs weren't cheap but still way less than replacement costs. We're still going out for BDay lunch and to pick up a tuxedo cake (as per our tradition).

Now you know why I 3017 and am a shaving cheapie; gotta save $$ for other things.

Okay, you caught me. I fess up. I'm just cheap. 😜

I waited until some discounts were being applied before ordering this morning and ended up with an additional $10 off from a Paypal "buy something" promo, so it cost me $70 CAD / $50 US.
1694018136951.png

Sep.07 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

The heat seems to have broken with some overnight rain, so the day is looking good! A simple post-workout shower'n'shave also helped with the outlook!

Sep.08 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A late late shave for me today at ~8pm. We had friends over for breakfast at 10 this morning. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, toasty and coffee with cantaloupe to finish this off. Then it was some grocery shopping, followed by using a crappy weed wacker / trimmer to edge the driveway and sidewalk. THEN I was ready for a shower'n'shave, but no, we ended up walking at 5pm for an hour with some other friends, with a light supper and THEN I hopped in the shower.

My Eagle G2 in Pure arrived from Top of The Chain, which is located a few towns down the road on the other side of Toronto. I placed the order on Wednesday and zippity-zip it arrived while I was edging the front. The postman said "Don't go anywhere. I have something for you." as he pulled up the truck.

It might take a while to get used to the prickle; it's not a Paladin Pillow for sure and at 22 vs 26 mm, it's much smaller and more in line with my normal size preference. Anyways, it worked well and I'm going to see if I can used it for the rest of the year... I hope.

Sep.09 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

My second shave with the Eagle and everything was much improved over yesterday. I lathered the brush up well and good and let it sit overnight before rinsing it out when I go up this morning. Loading was much improved for this morning's post-workout shave at 10:30, with the knot picking up much more soap much faster this time. Prickles were barely noticeable, even when I splayed the knot on my chin.

So far, so good!

I am so messed up day-wise. @GearNoir is NOT doing laundry but I am. Everything is pointing towards this being Sunday and I am actually thinking tomorrow is Monday, but I know that it is Saturday night right now and tomorrow is Sunday. My brain hurtz. o_O

Sep.10 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A no-workout shower'n'shave this morning as we will be heading downtown Toronto to meet up with my old high school teacher (and long-time friend) from Newfoundland. He and his wife are in town to catch the Blue Jays this weekend as they try to hold on to a wild-card spot. They came up last year at the same time, so this might become a mini-tradition.

I am so messed up day-wise. @GearNoir is NOT doing laundry but I am. Everything is pointing towards this being Sunday and I am actually thinking tomorrow is Monday, but I know that it is Saturday night right now and tomorrow is Sunday. My brain hurtz. o_O
Woohooo! You've reached the I Don't Know What Day It Is stage of retirement. It took you a long time to get here, but there is hope yet!

Sep.11 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

It's Monday! ... and that means, it's back to work once more! .... Oh, wait a sec, my wife and I are retired.

Well then, I guess that means I should WORKout. So I did and followed it up with a very nice Eagle-esque CBL Hombres shave. A great way to kick off the week.

And to disappoint @NurseDave ... I know what day of the week it is once again. 😜

Back