The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Aug.20 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

My wife wanted to watch the Women's World Cup final between England and Spain this morning, so we were up well before 6am to catch the kickoff and sip (chug?) a few wakey-wakey coffees. What a cracker of a game it was. Spain was quite impressive withe their ball control, using the triangle to great effect in some very tight spaces.

Afterwards, more coffee and a sweaty elliptical workout for me before my shower'n'shave and, it being Sunday, laundry is well underway.

Aug.21 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

It's Monday and the start of another (non)work week! Woohoo! What excitement and challenges will I come across today? Can't be a challenging shave, as the ASD2 is a smooth and forgiving piece of kit.

Aug.22 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Another nice and simple post-workout shave late this morning withe the Feather ASD2. I also performed a head shave with the Schick Xtreme3(6) and am more than happy with how well this cart is performing!

Aug.23 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A late morning workout and meh-for-the-course shave this morning as I was watching game-2 in the finals (and also the 3rd place match) of the FIDE World Cup. For you non-chess-geeks, "I was busy being a geek this morning."

Tiebreaks are :
1) 2 games of 25 mins + 1o second increment per move
..... if still tied....
2) 2 games of 10 mins + 10 second increment per move
..... if still tied....
3) 2 games of 5 mins + 3 second increment per move
..... if still tied....
4) keep playing sudden death games of 3 mins + 2 second increment per move until someone wins

I just checked the schedule an tomorrow's games start at 6am ET instead of 7am! Time to set the alarm instead of "just waking up."

I have goosebumps already! 🤓

Aug.24 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

As the tie-break games for the FIDE World Cup (chess stuff) finished before 8am this morning, I was able to get in a normal-time workout and shower'n'shave. Bridge club this afternoon!!

Aug.25 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Head-shave #7 with the Schick Xtreme3 cart this morning and I am smooth and shiny once more ... at least for a few hours. Facewise, the ASD2+Astra SP combo continues to deliver a meh-ishly meh workable result.

Aug.26 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A nice sweaty workout today was followed by a welcome shower and my typical nondescript shave of acceptable serviceability.

Aug.27 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Another day, another shave .... but wait a second .... there's something different going on today! My TFS Rasozero Spiffero just delivered its penultimate shave. OMG!!! That means something new on Tuesday!!

Back