The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jul.03 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.04 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.05 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

swelter in the heat outdoors while reading and/or podcast listening in the shade.
If only there were lights in your cool basement...

Another mid-morning appt (wife this time) throws off my exercise and shave routine, so a quick face wash and shave was in order. Nice and simple and I find that TFS can handle a good amount of water before it breaks down. I always dribble in about 1 tsp of water into the knot between passes and , as Tim/ @MilkCrate says, life is good!

Jul.06 37C/Astra SP(1) ................ Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.07 37C/Astra SP(2) ................ Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.08 37C/Astra SP(3) ................ Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Day-3 with the Astra SP sees it retired after another comfortable shave. I thought about doing a head-shave as well, which would be the first in a few years, but decided not to. Maybe later this month, I will pick up this habit once again. Who knows.

Back to the ASD2 this morning with a fresh blade and, wouldn't you know it, I got a nice nick on pass-1 on the edge of my bottom lip. It was a nice bleeder that needed the styptic pencil as part of my post-shave to stop the leakage. Oh well, all is good now ... I guess.

The real question is, how does one nick anything with an ASD2?

LameShamefulFallowdeer-max-1mb.gif

A nice and simple post workout shave this morning, just before I needed to head to the dentist for replacement of an old filling. All went well and life is back to normal, which is to say ..... my day is ... meh.

Jul.09 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.10 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.11 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Another nice and simple post-workout shave this fine morning. Nothing at all to complain about today, which is pretty much par for the course ... and as Martha says, "That's a good thing."

No workout this morning due to a slightly tight back that I did not want to chance, but that disappointment was more than offset by having a second coffee with my wife before going to shower and shave. Lunch will be out for pho with 4 of our friends and we're looking forward to it.

No workout this morning due to a slightly tight back that I did not want to chance, but that disappointment was more than offset by having a second coffee with my wife before going to shower and shave. Lunch will be out for pho with 4 of our friends and we're looking forward to it.
Pho. The. Win!

Jul.12 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.13 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.14 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Paladin Sumo ............. TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A very nice and comfortable shave#3 with the Astra SP blade. So much so that I briefly thought about using it again tomorrow, but then I decided "nah, why change my schedule?" and out it goes.

On tap today (outside of it being a Friday) is an afternoon walk with our buddies and the dinner with them to celebrate one of their birthdays.

Whew! After a long work week of being retired. It must be a relief!
Believe it or not, today is the first day this week that it's Friday! that my calendar had no appointments penciled in, at least before adding in going out for dinner tonight!

Our corded lawnmower gave out last week, but I'm not heartbroken as it was an older one that our walking buddies gave us last year (it was their older "spare" one) after our cordless bit the dust. We do have a reel mover in the garage and my wife used it yesterday evening for the side lawn between our gardens (about 5' wide x 40' long), saying "it will be a good workout for me." After doing that little bit she proclaimed we need a new mover. LOL I did the front and back yards this morning and it was a good alternative to the elliptical. As a bonus, only one blister on my thumb!

Back