The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jun.27 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.28 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.29 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A nice cool breeze from the south has improved our air quality this morning, but winds are expected to swing around later this afternoon and bring the smoky haze back again for the evening. *sigh*

Shavewise, everything is going along at my normal meh-ishly acceptable pace. I did find out that my wife keeps telling me that I need a haircut, not because it's long (was about 1/4") but because she doesn't like to see the grey. I was thinking it was because she didn't want my growing balding patch to stand out, but it turns out that I was mistaken! LOL

Another month of daily shaves in the books and, like most of the months before, this was all DE shaves, going between my ASD2 and 37C. This morning's shave was no different than most, except for a blip at the base of the neck where some crazy swirls like to hang out and cause trouble for the other residents.

Last night marked the end of the chess club year and it will start again in September. Thankfully, I still have correspondence chess and weekly bridge at the library to keep me entertained.

Last night marked the end of the chess club year and it will start again in September. Thankfully, I still have correspondence chess and weekly bridge at the library to keep me entertained.
Thank goodness for that. Between chess, bridge, and dandelions, you'll keep busy, alright!

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians! Because we're such a welcoming country, all my friends from across the world are also welcome to join in the celebration by holding doors open for people, saying please and thank you, as well as "sorry" to everyone.

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians! Because we're such a welcoming country, all my friends from across the world are also welcome to join in the celebration by holding doors open for people, saying please and thank you, as well as "sorry" to everyone.
Thank you for inviting us ( ;) ) to celebrate along with our northern neighbor. Sorry, I don't speak Canadian.

Jun.30 37C/Astra SP(1) ............. RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.01 37C/Astra SP(2) .............. RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.02 37C/Astra SP(3) .............. RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A busy day today, with family coming over: 2 sister-in-laws and 3 nieces & nephews. Lots pf prep with my wife in the kitchen and me setting up the yard, hammocks and then getting down to BBQing for things to be hot'n'ready when they arrived. All in all, 6 hours of family, fun, food, and drinks (responsibly for the drivers).

A nice start to the non-work week as laundry is now underway, thanks to the delay from this weekend's busy activities. I didn't hop of the treadmill Sat/Sun either and since this marks that start of a new month, I bumped the elliptical's resistance up another notch (12/20) and, yup, I could feel the difference right away. *phew* Pooped and sweaty meant the shower and shave was doubly enjoyable.

Jul.03 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.04 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.05 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

An early afternoon shave today to finish off the Astra SP blade, and now it's time to have a late lunch (2pm here) and swelter in the heat outdoors while reading and/or podcast listening in the shade.

Back