The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

A nice post-shower morning shave today. I didn't work out, as we will be on the road tomorrow to visit a friend of my wife's in east PA for 4-5 days. Should be nice and I figured that relaxing today would be a good pre-mini-vacation prep.
Road trip!!! w00t!!!!

giphy.gif

Jul.24 EJ89/Astra SP(1) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.25 EJ89/Astra SP(2) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.26 EJ89/Astra SP(3) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Up early to put out the recycle and compost for pickup as we get ready to head out in an hour for a few days visiting in PA (Stroudsburg area). The EJ89 performed very well for the past three days and I think I will try the head with my ASD2 handle when I get back. For the trip, I will be taking my Sensor and a @Graydog silvertip to go along with my current soap & AS.

Jul.27 Sensor(8) .......................... Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.28 Sensor(9) .......................... Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.29 Sensor(10) ........................ Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.30 Sensor(11) ........................ Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jul.31 Sensor(12) ........................ Graydog silvertip ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.01 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Well, back home from my mini-vacation to PA and, as nice as it is to visit friends, it's good to be back home. The Sensor was a little tuggy to shave with on pass-1, but the results were simply wonderful. If the carts were a little cheaper, I would be happy to use this razor alone.

July saw 26 DE shaves and 5 cart shaves. I've been neglecting my Injector and might have to bring it out for a ride sometime in the next few months.

In other news, I've googled one of these thingies....
1690930706252.png

A late morning workout today had me taking a shower and shave just before noon. Oatmeal is now just cooling down a wee bit for me to eat. Looks like we'll have some good rain this evening and through the overnight to help the garden. Our lettuce is running crazy and we'll probably start to juice some and see how that works out.

Aug.02 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.03 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

An 11am shave today but didn't get around to posting until now as I was out and about with the wife to the mall and then to the local butcher, followed immediately by running to the bridge club. Shave was okay and only 6 of us showed up at bridge, so my buddy and I just yakked away for 2 hours.

Aug.02 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Aug.03 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

An 11am shave today but didn't get around to posting until now as I was out and about with the wife to the mall and then to the local butcher, followed immediately by running to the bridge club. Shave was okay and only 6 of us showed up at bridge, so my buddy and I just yakked away for 2 hours.
What is this "mall" you speak of? I've heard tell of 'em, but they ain't been seen in these parts for years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thought of you on our trip Sam. I saw dandelions in Iceland and figured given the prevailing winds and latitude, they likely were seeded from your lawn.

Rummaging around in the basement, I came across a pack of Derby Extras. Plopped one into the ASD2 and expected an sub-standard shave, as a mild blade and a super mild razor might not work overly well. To my surprise, everything was just fine; a meh-ishly good shave, if I do say so myself.

Back