The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I was going to say it's good that he keeps the wife happy. She seems to have forgotten she wants him to work again.
Actually, she mentioned to our neighbour yesterday that we were both retired, so I guess that I no longer have to continue my less than half-hearted job search. Sweet!!

However, the garden work continues and it took about 4 hours to weed the Weigela and Rose of Sharon hedge-to-be.
A7595427-E617-4B87-87E8-AEB4FA321A97.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. We went to the meeting at the town hall a few years ago (joint builder and town reps) and asked about the fence when the old private school was torn down. We were told it would be wood. Alas, the fence on the other end of the development was put in as wood but on our side, it was chain link. After about 40 emails, I finally gave up as the town wanted me to prove that the builder promised wood. Grrrr.

Yes. We went to the meeting at the town hall a few years ago (joint builder and town reps) and asked about the fence when the old private school was torn down. We were told it would be wood. Alas, the fence on the other end of the development was put in as wood but on our side, it was chain link. After about 40 emails, I finally gave up as the town wanted me to prove that the builder promised wood. Grrrr.
Now all you need are a couple of Pit bulls pacing the perimeter to complete the look.

Jun.21 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.22 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.23 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

As you can tell, there's not a great deal of change-up in my daily shaves, except for the date and blade-use count. That works for me!

Happy Friday!

Jun.24 37C/Astra SP(1) ............... EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.25 37C/Astra SP(2) ............... EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.26 37C/Astra SP(3) ............... RV Shavemac .......... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

... and the rain continues! Woot! We got a break yesterday afternoon and I spent the time lounging in the backyard, reading, and sipping/chugging margaritas made with Costco's mixer. It was quite limey with built-in salt and pleasant enough but not outstanding.

Shavewise, swapped over to my @Rudy Vey Shavemac and what a great knot this is. The handle isn't too shabby either. ;)

Back