The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jun.06 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.07 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.08 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. CH2, synth ............... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

First time using my Chubby 2 synth this year. In fact, except for a vacation in Mexico at the start of the year, I've been using my Paladin Sumo all year long. The Paladin is softer, but the CH-2 holds its own.

Jun.09 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Chubby-2, synth ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.10 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Chubby-2, synth ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.11 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Chubby-2, synth ...... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Rain... finally! Alas, it's only light showers, but light showers are much better than no showers at all. PLUS we're supposed to get up to 45mm (just under 2") overnight with rain on and off for the rest of the week. Our garden and lawns NEED this!

As for the shave, it was another ho-hum, efficient and unremarkable adventure this morning, which is just how it's supposed to be.

Rain... finally! Alas, it's only light showers, but light showers are much better than no showers at all. PLUS we're supposed to get up to 45mm (just under 2") overnight with rain on and off for the rest of the week. Our garden and lawns NEED this!
We're supposed to get some rain here tonight, too. I sure hope so. Can't remember when we last had some.

Jun.12 37C/Astra SP(1) ............... Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.13 37C/Astra SP(2) ............... Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.14 37C/Astra SP(3) ............... Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Even though I am normally up at ~6:20-6:30am every day, I don't usually shave until around 10am or so, until I finish my elliptical workout. However, at my wife's behest, we're off on a last-minute overnight road trip to cottage country (Manitoulin Island) starting this morning. Therefore, a nice early shower'n'shave to kick off the day's adventures.

Alas, this means no bridge or chess club tomorrow. Oh well. Life is full of trade-odds.

Jun.15 37C/Astra SP(1) ............... Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.16 37C/Astra SP(2) ............... Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.17 37C/Astra SP(3) ............... Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A nice and easy Saturday morning post-workout shave today. Even if it was at 11:30am, it's still morning!

Jun.18 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Omega boar, Sue ..... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.19 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.20 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. EJ STF, synth ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A nice morning out today, but alas, this week appears to have no rain forecast which isn't good for the lawn or veggie garden. Winding up the garden hose on Sunday regressed my tennis elbow (or should I call it my "tree removal elbow" as that's how it went bum on me?), so I'm not looking forward to either my wife or I having to water. She made me laugh when she said she would wind the hose. It's an old cheap winder that's on its last legs and not easy to turn.

Shavewise, nothing to complain about at all.

I do not envy you. I hated watering day too at my last home. All we had was a single spigot and sprinkler head to use. It was a multi hour process.

Back