The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

May.31 37C/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Shavewise, May is now in the books and this month saw 31 DE shaves, split between the Merkur 37C and the Feather ASD2. Very different razors but both deliver easy peasy shaves.

Jun.01 37C/Astra SP(2) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.02 37C/Astra SP(3) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

Another scorcher of a day here today (humidex ~36C/97F) but I know that in August, we will consider this a welcome reprise from the true summer heat.

Another scorcher of a day here today (humidex ~36C/97F) but I know that in August, we will consider this a welcome reprise from the true summer heat.
That's some hot weather. 90F/32F here now, shouldn't get hotter today. Enjoy your weekend, Sam.

We're supposed to drop back about 10C/18F for Sat/Sun. I hope so, as our tiny veggies need a reprieve.

Jun.03 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.04 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
Jun.05 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

We broke out our bikes for the first time in years (pedal, not vroom-vroom putt-putt bikes) for the first time in a few years. The shifter and rear derailleur on my wife's bike needed work and an hour later 5/7 gears are clicking in (vs 3/7 a t the start). Still more work to do, but we have time as it turns out she doesn't have the range of motion in her left knee to keep her foot on the pedal. Looks like more gym rehab is needed from her pre-pandemic knee replacement.

Well, what is one to do? 🤷‍♂️ Cameras at the greenhouse only cover the building entrances and with no note on the car (see, not all Canadians are polite), getting upset would accomplish nothing other than getting me upset and, by extension, getting my wife upset in turn.

As a wise(????) man on the forum said ... Es lo que es.🤷‍♂️

Well, what is one to do? 🤷‍♂️ Cameras at the greenhouse only cover the building entrances and with no note on the car (see, not all Canadians are polite), getting upset would accomplish nothing other than getting me upset and, by extension, getting my wife upset in turn.

As a wise(????) man on the forum said ... Es lo que es.🤷‍♂️
I really respect your attitude, Sam. Getting upset or angry by this relatively minor damage would be a waste of emotional energy. It sucks having to pay the deductible for someone else's carelessness, but ultimately it's only a car. No one was hurt, so it's simply an unexpected expense and inconvenience.

I hope not to end up being out any cash, and that a bit of elbow grease (once my tennis elbow recovers) and some touch-up paint will do the trick. It won't have to be pretty; just enough to protect the surface on this 10 year old vehicle.

Back