The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

May.22 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

After my morning workout and quite ordinary shower'n'shave, our neighbour was asking for garden tools to take out a small tree (~11' high, 4" trunk). I brought over my pick, shovel, prong and branch lopper and it became quite apparent after he pickax'd for about 2 mins that he was not going to be able to do this by himself. He's about 32-340 lbs and a lumberyard man, but I feared he would take a heart attack if left to his own devices, so I took over. He was able to be of good assistance by leaning on the tree as I dug down, so I could sever roots rather than simply chopping dirt.

After about 40 mins, the job was done and my neighbour is happy. He's tired and I'm pooped and jammed my wrist, but that's okay. It was for a good cause. Now it's time to relax in the yard with a podcast and a Grolsch.
Chris had to take a stump out of the backyard too.

May.23 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A nice early morning shave as we have to head out for an out of town funeral a few hours away.
Sorry for your loss, Sam. :(

It's part of life and getting older. At 60 years old, he declined the options of having a triple bypass or stents and went the naturopathic route. Whatcha gonna do? 🤷‍♂️

May.24 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A day of running around between schedule lawyer and doctor visits so far today. I did manage to squeeze in my normal whisker chopping though, so all is well.

May.24 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A day of running around between schedule lawyer and doctor visits so far today. I did manage to squeeze in my normal whisker chopping though, so all is well adequate.
FIFY

May.25 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
May.26 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
May.27 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A nice and easy post-workout shave this morning, followed by some yard work to wrap up the morning, as were the previous shaves on this blade. Almost all of the Rose of Sharon young'uns that I transplanted last fall to our front yard hedge-wannabee made it through the winter and a sprouting leaves. Likewise with the end-of-year sale Weigela plants that we put in last October; only one is struggling with 2 small leaves, but at least it's still alive.

May.28 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
May.29 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk
May.30 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

A mid-morning 10:30 shave for me today post-workout and it was pretty nice, but nothing spectacular. I might switch back to the 37C slant for a few blades worth of shaves to kick off June, but we'll see.

It's good to hear you took care of the yard work early in the season so you can spend the heart of the summer months laying out getting that Greek god of a body golden tan.

Back