The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Wasn't George Stone in The Untouchables with Costner and Connery? Andy Garcia played him. IIRC, he's one tough guy and never misses.

My son played in a city league while in junior and senior high school. His rating crept over 1200 and he was a formidable opponent. He lost interest after a couple of opponents cheated the time clock on him (though he should have noticed). It offended him that some people would do anything to try and win. He stuck around long enough to beat the best the region had to offer in that venue, then retired his trophies and ribbons to a box and never looked back.

2393 is quite a rating! If facing you, my first move would be to resign, to save me the time of losing. ;)

Yesterday was Bow-Tie Tuesday....
The center/indent between the ends is about 50% wider than my other ties, making for a larger knot. Going to take a little to get used to tying this one.

In other news, I found out on Friday that work gives us our BDay's off. Mine passed a few weeks ago, but I am still allowed to take a day as it was my first year. Mon/Tue are for payroll processing, so that means it got bumped to today. Wheee!!

1576086837949.png

My "healthy" sample of CBL Tonsorial SIR Fougere is coming to end sometime in the next week (I think). I have some "Money" still to use and it clocks in at almost 2.5 oz, making it almost a full puck. I am thinking to treat it as such instead of a sample and return to 3017ing my (yucky) modern Williams and other soaps. Having used Chris's Tonsorial soaps for two months, I am NOT looking forward to a few months of Williams-Pitralon-Williams coming up, but they do need to get used, so I will purge my den of them in the correct manner.

PS. @CBLindsay you make some GOOD stuff, sir!

Last shave with my CBL Tonsorial SIR Fougere this morning.... my 66-day run with 1/2- samples of Chris's tonsorial testers was GREAT! :love:

My modern Williams "adventure" resumes tomorrow. Christmas is ruined! 😝

Today is a day of hope.

I hope the Dolphins win (looking good with 2 mins left)
I hope my Giant lose to Washington (trying to win the "Chase for Chase!" :)... looking to be OT bound)

I hope not to have my wife's semi-self Christmas present (a 65" tv) fall over as I wall mount it!
BTW the "semi-self" is her semi-self, not mine. I'm good with our current smaller thingie, but she watches much more than I and, quite honestly, rarely does she ever spend money on herself.

Back