The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Alas, I watched/read the NFL draft most of the afternoon and laundry is still on for tomorrow. Yeah, I know. Soooooo much excitement that one weekend can hardly contain it all!

Apr.30 37C/Astra SP(3) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Another month of shaves in the books. April saw 9 cart shaves and 21 DE whisker chopping mornings, and now we move on to May.

BTW If April showers bring May flowers, what do Mayflowers bring?

Rain and more rain today, which is good for the ground and also means that I don't have to do any yard work today Alas, I didn't do laundry yesterday (NFL draft), so that's currently underway now.

May.01 37C/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A fresh blade to kick off the non-work week and a pretty good shave from it. I bumped up the resistance on the elliptical a notch and felt the difference right away. Whew. Pooped once again. (That would be the tired pooped, not the Farmer Sam garden version.)

Happy Monday!

May.01 37C/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A fresh blade to kick off the non-work week and a pretty good shave from it. I bumped up the resistance on the elliptical a notch and felt the difference right away. Whew. Pooped once again. (That would be the tired pooped, not the Farmer Sam garden version.)

Happy Monday!
Sam REALLY needs one of these!

giphy.gif

May.02 37C/Astra SP(2) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Well, it turns out that yesterday was a much tougher day than originally envisioned. One of our good friends, who was our next door neighbour in our previous house (only 5km/3m from where we are now) had their youngest son pass away on Friday night at only 15 years old. We were at the masjid for service and then visited their house for a few hours to spend time with them. Thankfully, while the Kazakh community in the Toronto area is not overly large, they are very supportive of each other and are providing some much needed emotional support for the family.

One never knows what curveballs life will throw you.

Back