The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

As mentioned earlier, but still in this season's episodes, we are pollinator friendly with loads of lavender and rose of sharon in both the front and back yards. ;) In fact, from the elliptical in the basement this morning, I could see bees through the window at our plum tree.
They prefer dandelions. Like scotch vs bourbon lol

May.07 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Back to the ASD2 this morning with a fresh Astra SP blade. Back and shoulders are pretty stiff this morning and my post-elliptical workout shower tells me that the "follicly-challenged" spot on my head took in too much sun yesterday. Ouchee! Shave was pretty nice and easy and exactly what my tired body needed, especially since there's more yard work still to do.

Sam's struggle is real....

giphy.gif

May.08 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A light but steady rain settled in early yesterday afternoon and, combined with my stiff back, that meant that I decided not to pull the weeds on the boulevard but chop them down with my small garden scythe. (Thanks, @Majorrich!) Yes, I know they will grow back, but it's good enough for now.

Today's shave was nice and easy once again. Exactly what the ASD2 is designed for.

May.09 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A very nice non-descript shave of epic meh-isly ambivalent satisfaction this morning. Not sure I can expound any more on it. LOL

Been at the yard every day. It takes about 10 mins before my back says "I'm walking' hurtin' here" in its best Pacino voice.
Screenshot_1.jpg

BTW that line was ad libbed as it was in live traffic and they almost got hit .... or so the story goes.

May.09 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A very nice non-descript shave of epic meh-isly ambivalent satisfaction this morning. Not sure I can expound any more on it. LOL
This may be your most "Meh" shave ever!

Back