The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.11 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A pretty nice late morning shave today, as we had some running around to do earlier on. That delayed my workout, which in turn, delayed my whisker whacking. I'm still not back to using the ASD2 as a brainless non-thinking shave, but I'm glad I didn't start back with a red tip or R41.

Apr.12 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

A noon-ish shave this morning even though I was up at 6:20 to take out the garbage. I watched the last hour or so of Game-3 of the World Chess Championship match between Nepo and Ding (5am ET start) and then hit the elliptical, followed by relaxing, news, coffee and oatmeal before hitting the shower.

Apr.13 ASD2/Astra SP(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Pooped. Plain and simple ... pooped.

My shave was post-noon as the morning was spent would scarping and sanding the wooden parts of our house's exterior; mainly window boxes, garage door trim, and normal door overhangs. *Ugh* My back is letting me know there will be a price to pay and my left shoulder (the one which had/has bursitis) is already complaining.

I'll take a break for bridge club, but will not play at the chess club tonight so that I can prime the aforementioned wooden stuff later today. That will allow me to paint tomorrow morning and perhaps even a second coat in the late afternoon. We shall see.

Oh, shave was more than acceptable but the blade is being tossed after 4 shaves.

Apr.13 ASD2/Astra SP(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Pooped. Plain and simple ... pooped.

My shave was post-noon as the morning was spent would scarping and sanding the wooden parts of our house's exterior; mainly window boxes, garage door trim, and normal door overhangs. *Ugh* My back is letting me know there will be a price to pay and my left shoulder (the one which had/has bursitis) is already complaining.

I'll take a break for bridge club, but will not play at the chess club tonight so that I can prime the aforementioned wooden stuff later today. That will allow me to paint tomorrow morning and perhaps even a second coat in the late afternoon. We shall see.

Oh, shave was more than acceptable but the blade is being tossed after 4 shaves.
Ooooh, that's hard labor. Right before dandelion season.

Apr.14 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

*Whew* I thought I was pooped yesterday, but today takes it to a whole other level. Finished up painting at 4:30 this afternoon and, since this is a recoat over existing + primer, I'm not sure that a second coat is needed ... at least, I'm hoping that it's not.

My post-painting shave was nice but my arm is jiggly from fatigue so anything that is amiss is due to the free vibrating bonus that 2 days of sanding, priming and painting have supplied my ASD2 with.

An air compressor and an HVLP paint gun does for me. i used to work with a guy that used these and there's no overspray. We used to paint shop fronts and architectural staircases in offices overnight.

My crappy house has a covering of aluminum siding all over, so daunting to paint that by hand. HRH will not move. But that's the way to paint it.

T

Apr.15 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

No painting today!!! Woohoo!!!

To celebrate this, we're heading out soon for an ~ 1 hr trail walk with some friends. Yup, that'll do just fine for my body to relax and recover (even my fingers ache now) ... seriously, it will do me good. No weird stretching on the ladder and convoluted grips of the paint and ladder with my left hand while contorting my upper body to get at they awkward corners.

The shave even seem to agree that today is a "relax and enjoy" day.

Back