The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.04 Sensor(3-28+19) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

The cart of never-ending shaves has run its course. It was VERY draggy this morning and uncomfortable on pass-1, so after 47 shaves, it is time to move on. Not sure if I will go with another Sensor cart (also with 28 shaves on it already) or if I will try something different.

I also performed some bathroom chemistry and mixed my "Stetson milk," which was itself a blend of Stetson AS and Nivea balm, with over 1/2 litre of Clubman, some part bottles of Old Spice, and 1/2 bottle of Nivea balm. Given the volume of Clubman in the mix, the concoction has been rechristened.

You could save such a ton of money by ditching those carts and taking up traditional shaving.
And…. Look at all the options that you could have for your very own

I also performed some bathroom chemistry and mixed my "Stetson milk," which was itself a blend of Stetson AS and Nivea balm, with over 1/2 litre of Clubman, some part bottles of Old Spice, and 1/2 bottle of Nivea balm. Given the volume of Clubman in the mix, the concoction has been rechristened.
Sounds a bit like the “Flaming Woodpusher”

(In case the link fails, this is a reference to the drink “the flaming homer” from the Simpsons)

"Stetson milk," which was itself a blend of Stetson AS and Nivea balm, with over 1/2 litre of Clubman, some part bottles of Old Spice, and 1/2 bottle of Nivea balm. Given the volume of Clubman in the mix, the concoction has been rechristened.
The Clown Puke of the AS world 🤔

Apr.05 Sensor(4-28+1) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Well, I decided to continue my adventure of seeing how long my used carts will go for. This is the 4th one in the 5-pack and , like the one before it, also starts with 28 shaves on it from Feb.2021. Today's result was pretty good and a lot easier to shave with than yesterday's very much used one.

Apr.05 Sensor(4-28+1) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Clubman milk

Well, I decided to continue my adventure of seeing how long my used carts will go for. This is the 4th one in the 5-pack and , like the one before it, also stats with 28 shaves on it from Feb.2021. Today's result was pretty good and a lot easier to shave with than yesterday's very much used one.
giphy.gif

It's thankfully been a few years since it last hit me, but I used to get it 2-4x a year. Had all kinds of tests done and they diagnosed it as meniere's. I often have tinnitus, so this is probably an accurate assessment, or at least, close enough.

Back