The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.21 Sensor(3-28+5) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

No elliptical workout this morning. I kept waking up and looking at the clock every hour or so and didn't even get out of bed until close to 8:30 instead of my usual 6:20. Not sure why I was so tired, but my back is also saying that it wants a break. Hmmm.... maybe it way the 3'x5'x12' pile of ice crystals on 1/2 of the driveway that I broke down and spread out to melt. Just remembered that as I was typing.

Shower and shave were both nondescript, as usual.

Last edited:
Mar.21 Sensor(3-28+5) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

No elliptical workout this morning. I kept waking up and looking at the clock every hour or so and didn't even get out of bed until close to 8:30 instead of my usual 6:20. Not sure why I was so tired, but my back is also saying that it wants a break. Hmmm.... maybe it way the 3'x5'12' pile of ice crystals on 1/2 of the driveway that I broke down and spread out to melt. Just remembered that as I was typing.

Shower and shave were both nondescript, as usual.
Everyone is entitled to a cheat day so take it easy today, Sam..

giphy.gif

It's DEEEEP and ice crystals. Yes, it will melt.... eventually. But that part of the lawn always struggles to get green, but strangely enough, the yellow flower demons love it. I have to try to help out the grass there however I can.

Errr, I should say it WAS deep. Everything is now spread out and knocked down to about 4" or so. That'll melt fast.

Mar.22 Sensor(3-28+6) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

I figured that my back would be toast this morning (hey, that reminds me. I haven't had breakfast yet!) after beating down the even bigger pile of ice crystals on the lawn yesterday, but I'm just a little tight in the back, not overly stiff, so 30 mins on the elliptical it is! Finished off with a nice enough shower and shave. The cart has delivered 34 shaves so far. Not too shabby at all.

Mar.23 Sensor(3-28+7) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

A dreary overcast morning with light rain ... but it sure as heck beats snow! (Silver lining!) The shower'n'shave after my elliptical workout was pretty good, but my face feels a little tight. It's Thursday, which means it's busy-day day with afternoon bridge and evening chess. Yeah, my life's filled with edgy danger and excitement!

Mar.24 Sensor(3-28+8) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

A mid-afternoon shave today as we were out all morning and early afternoon, and I had a finance session booked with some friends (a standing weekly engagement) at 4pm. You know, as people get closer to retirement, they begin to realize that they need to start to plan for retirement. Whazzupwitdat! 🤷‍♂️

Mar.25 Sensor(3-28+9) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

My post-workout shave was pretty easy-peasy this morning, especially since my last shave was mid-afternoon yesterday. The cart is chugging along and now has 37 shaves on it. Any day now, I fully expect to start getting lots of tugging, but it's not there yet.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

It will be! Tax discussion on capital gains apportionment on the table for a 1pm discussion with some friends. What's not to love!

The 2022 Canadian Correspondence Chess Championship is now complete. Three of us tied for 1st on points with 6.5/10 and also equal of the 1st tie-break (#wins). I ended up in 2nd after the 2nd tie-break, putting my chance of a creating a dynasty in peril. A win or co-win would have made me Champ in 4 out of the last 5 tmnts, but I guess I will have to settle for 3/5 and shoot for 4/6 with this year's tnmt. *sigh*

1679794848789.png

Last edited:
Back