The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I am gathering they didn’t teach standard deviation in Canada.
They prefer their own deviation it seems.
i'm not a germaphobe but re-using cartridges developed before the venerable Mach 3 in 1998 seems dodgy. That's when hygienic blades coated with diamonds and a special foam for one's face was invented. But lasted so much longer and at only a 33% price increase. Bargain!
But back to the germs...
T

That was the Trak1, because the other track was you running like hell. Notice how Gilletette subtly changed the name it the 70's to be 'Trac' to avoid Dino copyright infringement.

These were new carts when I first used them. They're not stuff I just happened to find in the basement of someone's Open House that I walked through
.... or are they? Dun Dun Dunnnnnn!!!!

Here's what my logs say about them.
1. 2019 - unknown shaves
2. 2019 - unknown shaves
3. 2021 - 28 shaves
4. 2022 - 28 shaves
5. 2023 - 7 shaves (recent trip to Cozumel)

Those would most likely be from a "Use 1 blade all month" February challenge. Stopping on leg/forearm.jeans ... whatever it took (and I'm doing that on the re-use as well). I would not be suprised if both cart-1+2 from the 5-pack were also 28 shaves in.

Mar.14 Sensor(2-??+3) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

An early shave this morning compared to yesterday. All done on the elliptical before 9am and shower'n'shave followed right afterwards. The alum was providing quite a bit of feedback post-shave, so perhaps this sensor cart has oodles of shaves on it already. We'll see what it's like tomorrow.

Mar.15 Sensor(2-??+4) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

Well, the cartridge made it through another shave and will live to fight another day. Alum sting was way down from yesterday, but we will see how my face and neck feel throughout the remainder of the day. -5C this morning when I hit the Costco gas station for a fill; the car's gas range was saying I only had 26km of fuel left, so yeah, I guess it was time to fill up. LOL

BTW the range changed depending on whether the car was facing uphill or down. Thankfully, I'm only 2.9 km ( ;) ) from Costco according to Google Maps.

Mar.16 Sensor(2-??+5) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

Yup, five(5) days of shaving on this cart of unknown shave count has me declaring this one toast. Up next is the third cart from this block of Sensor carts. This one was used in 2021 for 28 shaves, which makes me think two things:
- it was used for the whole of February for a one-blade challenge, and
- it might not last overly long on this "bonus" journey.

Back