The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

The front of my legs are massively strong and the rest are decent enough because i walk all day at work. The reason the front muscles are great is because HRH bought an exercise bike in an effort to lose weight etc.
So she pedals for maybe 25 minutes and the odometer goes up about a mile and a half. When she's knackered and goes to watch tv, i get on it and pedal backwards for 5 minutes until we get back to zero!
T

Mar.04 Sensor(1-??+4) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

Yup, the snow was HEAVY this morning; about a foot deep in the shallowest parts and compacted like crazy. Thankfully, my neighbour helped out with his snowblower to clear the sidewalk (80+' front) and enough for our car to get out out the driveway. Even simply cleaning up the slop with a shovel wasn't too much fun and it took us over an hour together as the machine kept getting bogged down and its intake is 18" deep. Blah.

No elliptical today (I think), as I'm bushed.

Mar.05 Sensor(1-??+5) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

My back is pretty stiff and sore after yesterday's workout from shoveling snow, but I still went to the basement this morning and spent 30 minutes on the elliptical. Yes, it was turned on and I was walking; I didn't simply spend the time ON the elliptical. It's too hard to get comfortable to take a nap on it anyways.

Whee! 50 minute lakeside walk this afternoon followed by a slog through Costco. One was much more enjoyable than the other.

Mar.06 Sensor(1-??+6) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

30 mins on the elliptical again this morning, followed by an refreshing shower'n'shave. My back is still feeling the strain from Friday night's snowfall. *ugh*

That’s right! I self-identify as an heirloom tomato 🍅
Grown in home -made Samanure!

Hey, lookee what I found:
330373271_755529922818990_7055951820419197074_n.jpg

Mar.07 Sensor(1-??+7) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

30 mins on the elliptical this morning before grabbing a shower and shave after getting my wife's coffee ready. We will be meeting up with some old friends for supper tonight to catch up on things after a few years of losing touch. Which is really strange that it happened, as they only live about 10 minutes drive away and are the folks that introduced my wife and I to each other.

Mar.08 Sensor(1-??+8) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

A nice enough shave with a well used cart this morning. I would have normally thrown this out long ago, but adjusted my technique to buffing-like 1cm strokes rather than longer DE strokes. Working fine so far!

Back