The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Or, Alabama
giphy.gif

Round-1 vs the snowfall is complete. I thought that I would shovel the driveway BEFORE the snow came, just to get ahead of things. 😜

Round-2 is also complete. Old man winter paid no heed to my preemptive actions and dumped a few inches for me to shovel this evening. But then again, maybe my earlier shoveling DID have an impact as it wasn't too hard to do. Hmmmm 🤔

Round-3 awaits in the morning, but the weather forecast says that the system has now passed us for the most part.

Last edited:
Round-1 vs the snowfall is complete. I thought that I would shovel the driveway BEFORE the snow came, just to get ahead of things. 😜

Round-2 is also complete. Out old man winter paid no heed to my preemptive actions and dumped a few inches for me to shovel this evening. But then again, maybe my earlier shoveling DID have an impact as it wasn't too hard to do. Hmmmm 🤔

Round-3 awaits in the morning, but the weather forecast says that the system has now passed us for the most part.
That’s ok Sam as apparently this year AZ is the snow birthplace. It should be there by Friday LOL

Feb.28 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

From a shaving perspective, February is in the books and all 28 days were with a DE. The Astra SP seemed to be okay after shave-3 on it, but the AS sting said it was time for the blade to be retired.

BTW snow shoveling was not needed this morning. Woohoo!

Last edited:
Mar.01 Sensor(1-??) ....................... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

It's March and the freeze/thaw cycle has shorted out some of the few remaining logic circuits in my brain. I am kicking off the month by going back up to cartridge#1 in my fully used Sensor 5-pack. Going back through my historical logs, carts 1-3 were used in 2019 for an unknown number of shave each, cart-4 was used for 28 shaves (Feb) in 2021, and cart-5 was recently used for 7 shaves in Cozumel in January.

We'll see how this fares. The shave had the zip-zip sound of a cart and experienced some resistance, but the result was still good (better than meh, actually).

Last edited:
Mar.02 Sensor(1-??+2) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

Shave #mystery+2 on the 1st used sensor cart. It wasn't bad at all; a little bit of tightness post-shave on my face but no razor burn, alum sting or anything like that. To be the anti-Bruce, we'll see how long this one lasts. 😜

Shave #mystery+2 on the 1st used sensor cart. It wasn't bad at all; a little bit of tightness post-shave on my face but no razor burn, alum sting or anything like that. To be the anti-Bruce, we'll see how long this one lasts. 😜
As long as you document it, Sam. That's the key. It's important that future generations of shavers be able to study your records so that they may better understand our culture.

As long as you document it, Sam. That's the key. It's important that future generations of shavers be able to study your records so that they may better understand our culture.
They may understand what sad fools we are better than we realize, however, using a cart and documenting it on a (nominally, i know) shaving forum, will mean Sam will historically be the undisputed king of a 'meh' shave!
That's some legacy right there :)
T

Mar.03 Sensor(1-??+3) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Barbacco .......... Stetson milk

3 shaves in on my sensor cart#1 of unknown usage and you know what? It's doing the job! I'm also back on the elliptical machine to try to burn off my small belly bulge (but it's big enough for my wife to notice!) and today marks three days in a row. So far so good.

Back