The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Feb.12 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Today being Superbowl Sunday, I would like to say that today's shave was super! .... but that would not be an accurate description of my "meh" shave this morning. Being a big NY Football Giants (their actual name), there's no way I can root for the Iggles. KC is a team that I have no emotions towards, so I will be hoping the Iggles lose rather than that KC wins.

Feb.13 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

The Superbowl yesterday was liking watching two different games. Iggles domination in the 1st half and the KFC Chefs had their turn behind the wheel in the 2nd. A much more watchable game than the typical SB blowouts and I'm happy that the Iggles lost.

In other news, a typical meh-ilicious shave this morning.

Feb.14 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Made my wife an omelet, sausage, toast and coffee for late breakfast this morning. I'm up around 6:30, but she's a night owl. Shaved after our brekkie and ended up with a small blip just under my lip.

Feb.15 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

It's Wednesday, which means outdoors at 6:30am to put out the garbage and recycle, and head for a fill-up at the Costco gas station. Most of the snow we have is now melted and that's a good thing as I would rather have rain than snow.

Shavewise... my typical "meh."

Feb.16 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Shave-3 with the Astra SP and I ended up with a tiny blip on my chin once again. Oh well, the blade was being turfed anyway after 3 uses, so I guess.... meh.

Back