The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Feb.10 ASD2/Wilkinson(5) ........... Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

I had fun at bridge yesterday, learning about the newer ways of responding to a 2-club opening. I was using a system over 20 years old and am figuring out that a lot of evolution has happened in the bidding stage of the game. Today's bidding is a good bit more aggressive than what I originally played.

Chess was a total massacre, with me going down hard in 15 moves. Egads! But that's okay, I've had my share of fast wins as well. Live and learn, and the game is still fun.

Today's shave was better than the chess game.

Whatever happened to the big Chess scandal - did that all flush out? I haven’t seen anything in the news in quite a while

Feb.11 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

The worst thing about the Astra SP blade is the wax dots. At least with the batch I have it is. The wrapper had to come off in four pieces before I put it in the razor. A few times, I was concerned about slicing my finger just trying to peel parts of the wrapper off. In the end, no damage was done and the shave was a nice enough for a Saturday morning.

The wax does eventually dissolve, as there's no buildup of gunk on the base plate when I swap out blades. At least I didn't call it a glue dot.

Back