The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

If you REALLY want Tim Horton's coffee, go get a McCafe. Years ago (when Timmies was good), they changed their bean supplier as a cost-cutting measure soon after they were taken over by RBI in 2014. McD's quickly swooped in and signed up all the suppliers that Timmies left stranded. Tim's coffees have not been the same since.

McCafes are good…pretty much Starbucks on the cheap. I just dread thinking about how much sugar they pump into some of those 😂

If you REALLY want Tim Horton's coffee, go get a McCafe. Years ago (when Timmies was good), they changed their bean supplier as a cost-cutting measure soon after they were taken over by RBI in 2014. McD's quickly swooped in and signed up all the suppliers that Timmies left stranded. Tim's coffees have not been the same since.
Thanks for the background, Sam. Cost-cutting sometime backfires! :LOL:

Feb.05 ASD2/Astra SP(4) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A few minor strawberries with this morning's shave, so the Astra blade got turfed afterwards. No major damage, so I guess all is well. It's nice to have temps back up to the freezing mark and, truth be told, it now feels warm outside. Of course, everything is relative and my sister-in-law from Orlando doesn't quite agree with my description of the outdoor temperature.

Feb.07 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ........... Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Up early to run out for gas at Costco @6:30am before any line-ups hit. It's pretty much my normal rise'n'shine time except that I have to go outdoors, so.... meh. Shave was, as expected, another non-descript success.

Back