The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.30 Red Tip/Wilkinson(3) .......... Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

The last time my Gillette Red Tip saw use was around seven months ago in July, so I decided to bring it out once more as I was talking about mild razors yesterday. A little alum sting on a few parts of the neck and I felt the blade tab against my ear at one point (no exposed tabs on the ASD2), but other than that, a pretty gosh-darn golly-gee meh shave.

Jan.31 Red Tip/Wilkinson(4) .......... Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

And so January is in the books and saw 24 DE shaves and 7 vacation cart shaves. Not a bad shave this morning and I think I will go look in the basement for another mild razor to try for February.

This week is going by REALLY fast! I did laundry today which means that it's Sunday, right? Tomorrow is garbage day which means that it will be Wednesday. What happened to Monday and Tuesday?

Feb.01 R41/Wilkinson(5) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Given how mild the temperatures are this morning, my mild* razor of choice was fittingly the R41. I like that the head is larger than the Red Tip's, as it covers almost all of the blade tabs and protects clumsy me from nicking my ears and nose with them. There's WAY more blade feel here than with most other DEs I have used, but the shave was pretty good with only a bare tingle from the alum block.

As for the chest hairs, they weave into a nice sweater front and the ear hairs doubles as a toque.

Last edited:
Sam's off on another Wednesday garbage run.

giphy.gif

Back