The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Feb.02 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Back to the ASD2 this morning for an easy-peasy morning shave. Even with an Astra SP blade, this was a good way to start the day... well, waking up is a GREAT way to start the day (silver lining!)... but knocking out a shave while being a zombie is pretty good too.

It's Thursday, so that also means a busy day lies ahead with afternoon bridge and evening chess.

Feb.03 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Only -27C/-17F with the wind chill this morning, so it was a great time to demonstrate in person the neat-o "throw hot water into the air outside and watch it crystalize" trick to my sister-in-law from Orlando who is staying with us. Can't really complain about the weather too much as it is a beautiful blue sky and it was -30C/-22F with the wind chill when I got up. It's much colder a few hours up the road in Ottawa, where those are the temperature WITHOUT the wind chill.

Shave was, as expected, meh-ishly adequate.

Only -27C/-17F with the wind chill this morning,

@Graybeard57 - the gauntlet has been thrown down - it’s time for a chill off between my favorite guys whose jobs are to avoid reconvening their métiers (@woodpusher, my posts are always Canadian-Friendly) ! Bruce, I think you’re going to have to throw in a few air conditioners - but if anything comes out of it, may it be another NHL Outdoor Classic!

I guess if he were Canadian he'd be wearing shorts.

man-walking-naked-while-snowing-z5sh2jjbrp2afh2i.webp

Feb.04 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Dropped of my wife and her sister at Tim Horton's for them to meet up for a friend for a morning coffee and chat. The almost -30C wind chill from this morning is starting to go away and by tomorrow morning, we are forecast to be above freezing once again.

A nice and easy shave this morning and while the ASD2+Astra combo doesn't deliver a BBS, it is more than sufficient for me.

Back