The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

If i have the booze then accommodation is optional!

i'm not sure i could take the change in pace of a vacation after the tornadoes these last few days; one that passed very close to where i work and ruined parts of the main street and the same one where i live a few miles away.

i work in Deer Park - there's no deer anymore - they ate them all and there's nowhere to park!
All the power went off and the same where i live, so shaving with an expertly honed blade with a battery powered lantern was fun. No damage to work or home.

Reminds me of a joke where Lee Trevino goes out in a thunderstorm with a 1 iron on his head. 'Even God can't hit a 1 iron.'

T

Yup, tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding.... you name it ..... me no likey live where these things happen. I'll take shoveling snow any day over that stuff.

Jan.27 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Yesterday was a fun and busy day with bridge club in the afternoon followed by chess club after supper. Combining that with yesterday morning's snow shoveling and I didn't get out of bed until 9am compare to my normal 6:30-7am start. I'm pooped.

Shavewise, it was day-3 with the Astra SP and a pseudo-regular meh-ish shave was achieved.

Jan.28 ASD2/Wilkinson(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Another day, another shave. And so it goes. But that's not a bad thing as it means I woke up this morning (silver lining!)

Nope, Sam reference.

In other news, I have finished clearing most of our driveway of snow. Not for parking, as we park in the garage, but to make room for the snow coming tonight and tomorrow. Those little white flakes have traveled a good ways and must be tired. The least I can do is help them find parking without too much of a fuss.

Jan.29 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Around another 10cm/4" of snow expected before the afternoon comes to an end, so it's good that my driveway has available space. I thought about shoveling when I got up, but then ... meh, why go out twice?

The ASD2 delivers an easy-peasy shave once again. Some think it's too mild a razor, but it works for me.

Whew! All done... and even reduced the pile at the end of the driveway to make it about 80% open (double driveway). Thankfully, we only received about 2 inches instead of 4, but it's the wet goopy stuff.
Oh that's the worst, I know you're impervious to cold, but when It's near freezing and wet, I just hate life. That's pretty much most of the winter in Helsinki.

Back