The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.05 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Day-3 with the Astra Sp and, even if I wasn't aware of the shave count, the alum block provided a great deal of face tingles post-shave. My throat was horrible last night, with me getting up numerous times with very little quality sleep. Still bad this morning, so much so, that I postponed a video-interview and will not be going to bridge this afternoon or chess tonight. Yup, it ain't pretty.

Little did we know that we are friends with an international Superstar of the Chess World. The paparazzi was probably disappointed you couldn't make it. I hope you get to feeling better. I like using Olbas in the shower when I have chest congestion or distress. and extra hot long showers. This Christmas we got ourselves a towel warmer that is large enough for my bathrobe! looking forward to trying that out.

Jan.06 ASD2/Wilkinson(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Visited a walk-in clinic yesterday evening. After all, the best thing to do when you're sick is go be locked in a room with a bunch of other sick people, right? In any event, after a 2-hour wait and a 10-minute visit with the doc, she said it was laryngitis. Silver lining: not strep throat or anything else weird. Was given some anti-biotics but told to hold off taking them for 2-3 days to see if things clear up on their own.

The result? I actually got some sleep last night (even though it was still very broken) and feel a good bit better this morning. The shave was also a good bit better as well. Thanks Mr. Wilkie Sword!

Jan.07 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A much improved sleep last night in terms on not coughing away, but still wide-awake every 30-60 minutes to look at the clock. Finally got out of bed and went and sat on the couch to let being upright help to do that super-sexy drain-the-lungs-of-goop thing. Yup, sexy indeed.

Back