The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.13 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

It's Friday ........ THE 13th!!!!!!! .... You know what that means, right? Yessirree, Bob.... Tomorrow is Saturday!

About 2-3 inches of snow overnight which only took about 30 minutes to shovel the driveway and sidewalk this morning. Coffee and oatmeal after that for brekkie, followed by a shower'n'shave. The latter of which turned out to be the typical Astra "meh" result. The vacation countdown is now officially on, as I have been told to start getting things together BEFORE the day prior to departure.

Jan.14 ASD2/Wilkinson(1) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

On to a new blade! Well, new as in "not used," not new as in "I've never used this brand before." Shave was pretty nice, which makes up for the -18C/-0.4F wind chill out this morning. But that's okay, it'll make Cozumel seem so much warmer!

I cannot fault your logic, Bruce. 😉

Jan.15 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

And early shave this morning and also an early start to laundry (on the correct day, @GearNoir !) as we are off to a show in the afternoon to see Simply Queen, a Queen tribute band. This was originally scheduled for late November last year, but a storm closed down the border at their entry point of Detroit and this is the make-up date. Should be fun.

Jan.16 ASD2/Wilkinson(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

The concert yesterday was pretty good and we enjoyed it. This morning's shave was not quite at that level and was my simply my target of meh. Lots of mini-running-around to do today but nothing major on the to-do list.

Last edited:
Back