The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.08 ASD2/Wilkinson(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A rough hacking start to beddy-bye time last night, but overall, it ended up with me getting more rest than I have since this thing started. I feel a great deal better this morning and, outside of the morning sexy flem episodes, all is going well so far. Hopefully, I will be back to semi-normal or at least to meh status, in a few days time.

Shavewise, not much to say. As the Cella is a few years old, the soap's dots (those who know, know) have me bowl lathering for the past day or so.

Jan.09 ASD2/Wilkinson(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Every night, my throat is still rough .... BUT every morning, my throat is better than the morning before AND every night is better than the night before. I'll take that as a win!

As far as shaving is concerned, it's pretty much steady as she goes.

Jan.09 ASD2/Wilkinson(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Every night, my throat is still rough .... BUT every morning, my throat is better than the morning before AND every night is better than the night before. I'll take that as a win!

Fighting the crud myself. Hope you feel better soon.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Sam. You'll be back to feeling "Meh" in no time! (y)

Jan.10 ASD2/Wilkinson(5) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

My laryngitis and morning cold-hacking continues to improve. Woohoo! Sadly, my mom who lives across town has come down with a rough cold herself. Her edumacted guess (and she's right IMO) is that another resident of her retirement home brought it back after they spent time with family during Christmas. Apparently, more than a few have come down with it as well.

Jan.10 ASD2/Wilkinson(5) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

My laryngitis and morning cold-hacking continues to improve. Woohoo! Sadly, my mom who lives across town has come down with a rough cold herself. Her edumacted guess (and she's right IMO) is that another resident of her retirement home brought it back after they spent time with family during Christmas. Apparently, more than a few have come down with it as well.
Hope your mom (and you) gets well soon. 🧑‍⚕️🩺💊

Jan.11 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A MUCH improved morning today! Feeling leaps and bounds better, but neither leaping nor bounding shall I be, as I don't want to damage myself given that we're heading out for a week's vacation soon. Mom is still pretty rough though.

Shave wasn't that bad either .... once I managed to free the Astra blade from it's wax-spotted wrapper.

Glad you got that blade out of the wrapper!

duct-tape-stuck.gif

Hope your mom gets better soon, Sam. Good choice on the Astra - it's unlikely you'll slice open a wound just before vacation. (y) :)

Jan.12 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

We had some flurries yesterday evening, providing a nice thin blanket of white on the ground, but it was all gone by 6:30am when I looked out the window. Oh well, es lo que es. The lack of snow is probably going to come back to haunt us this summer if the water tables don't refill.

Shavewise, nothing special to report on. The Astra is doing the job but the post-face feel is nowhere as nice as a Wilkie, Personna, Feather or Nacet.

Back