The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.28 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A nice meal and get-together yesterday afternoon and evening, even if there were way too many people to fit in the space (more than a few were sitting on the stairs), but overall, it was a good gathering. My shave this morning fell into the same "overall, I guess it was good" classification. 3-shaves on the Astra SP is enough and tomorrow will see a fresh cutting edge deployed for battle.

Dec.29 ASD2/Wilkinson(1) ............ Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A nice 11am-ish shave this morning. Nice as in .... better than an Astra SP. Hey, I'll take what I can get. Now that the cold weather has broken and we're at 9C/48F today, we'll be heading down to the lake for a walk early this afternoon. I mean, why walk in the woods when you're sheltered from the wind chill when you can walk by the lake and experience it!

giphy.gif

Dec.30 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ............ Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

An 8am shave this morning, which is a few hours earlier than normal for me but we're heading out for a coffee meetup at Tim Hortons with some friends at 9:30, so as they say....

pitter-patter-letter-kenny.gif

Oh, wait a sec.... I meant this....
pitter-patter-lets-get-at-er.gif

Dec.31 ASD2/Wilkinson(3) ............ Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

The year goes out with a totally nondescript "meh" shave .... and that's exactly what I like. No drama and suspense, just a solid shave. In 2022, I had 272 DE shaves and 93 SE(Injector) ones and I would judge the year a success.

Jan.01 ASD2/Wilkinson(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

"Meet the new boss year
Same as the old boss year."

Well, the old year has ended and the new one has begun, but it doesn't look like much has changed to me. Therefore, I must be the one to create change!

With that said, I switched my brush over on a Sunday, instead of waiting until Monday! OMG!! IKR?
In fact, I will see if I can use the Paladin Sumo for the entirety of 2023, excluding if I need a travel brush.

Back