The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.01 ASD2/Wilkinson(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

"Meet the new boss year
Same as the old boss year."

Well, the old year has ended and the new one has begun, but it doesn't look like much has changed to me. Therefore, I must be the one to create change!

With that said, I switched my brush over on a Sunday, instead of waiting until Monday! OMG!! IKR?
In fact, I will see if I can use the Paladin Sumo for the entirety of 2023, excluding if I need a travel brush.
Nice Shave to begin the Year ROOK

Jan.02 ASD2/Wilkinson(5) ............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Another nice shave this morning, made even better by loading a little longer for this uber-dense knot. I had forgotten about that yesterday and had to squeeze the knot to get enough lather for pass-2.

Yeah, I love the density of my Paladins. I've just got the two, and it's pretty much all I use.
One trick I have, since I bowl lather, is to squeegee the brush on the edge of the bowl, gets that trapped lather out, and onto my needy face.

I'll just keep calling you Sam the Man, if that's ok.

Jan.03 ASD2/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Didn't sleep well at all through the night due to a stuffy cold, even having to get up to go blow my nose to try to be able to breathe properly. *Ugh* Took a Covid rapid test just to ensure it was just a cold, and, yup, just a cold. Whee! See there's a silver lining to most everything if you look hard enough!

This all resulted in a shave at almost 2pm with two tiny blips to report on . Or as they say in my world.... meh.

Jan.04 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Sinuses are MUCH better today, meaning that I was able to get SOME sleep last night. However, the trade-off is that I now am waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in to alleviate my headache. *ugh* Shave was meh-ishly okay. Today's silver lining is that the microwave worked, so I was able to quickly make some breakfast oatmeal in 1:20 rather than have a pot on the stove for 5 mins.

Back