The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.21 ASD2/Wilkinson(1) ............. EJ STF synth ............. Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Back to a Wilkie blade and there was quite the noticeable improvement in how close the shave was, as well as how easily it glided through my stubble. This evening is Christmas dinner #2; we hosted my brother's family on Sunday and today we head over to dine with our walking buddies and 2 mutual co-workers from 20 years ago. In light of all the feasting this week and another anticipated one on the 27th, my wife and I think we'll have a simple Christmas meal of curried chicken and roti on the 25th.

Dec.22 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ............ EJ STF synth ............. Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

This morning's shave was a little sub-standard with 2 strawberries requiring the attention of the styptic pencil. But that was more than made up for by yesterday evening's get-together with friends, which was wonderful. Over 6 hours and nary a dull moment at all... and the food and company was great as well.

Dec.23 ASD2/Wilkinson(3) ............ EJ STF synth ............. Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A most joyous 11am shave this morning. Maybe it was the 3 coffees giving my razor a vibrating head, or maybe it was just the contentment of accepting that we will be n the house all day, given the 6:30am rain when I got up has now transitioned to snow and the flash-freeze of the roads that will come along with the temp drop. Either way, all is well.

Dec.23 ASD2/Wilkinson(3) ............ EJ STF synth ............. Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A most joyous 11am shave this morning. Maybe it was the 3 coffees giving my razor a vibrating head, or maybe it was just the contentment of accepting that we will be n the house all day, given the 6:30am rain when I got up has now transitioned to snow and the flash-freeze of the roads that will come along with the temp drop. Either way, all is well.
I gotta try that vibrating head trick. Our roads got the flash-freeze treatment, too. Like you, we're staying put for a day or so. 😙

Back