The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Not having much luck with the blades there recently lol…gosh 😂

Hope you have a great day otherwise!

Dec.13 ASD2/Wilkinson(1) ............. RV Shavemac ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

I switched over the a Wilkinson Sword blade this morning (the Saloon Pack ones) and had a pretty nice shave. The alum block let me know that it was still working just fine with a little sting on the neck, but other than that .... meh. 🤷‍♂️

Now I am not sure I missed this before - but I do have a question……is your post shave Stetson Milk which, though I have not heard of it before, is a more liquidy version of a balm - or is it Stetson AS and then also Milk - as in the stuff you put on cereal or make milkshakes with? I only ask because there are times you Canadians confuse me…..please see poutine.

1670949225614.jpeg

Now I am not sure I missed this before - but I do have a question……is your post shave Stetson Milk which, though I have not heard of it before, is a more liquidy version of a balm - or is it Stetson AS and then also Milk - as in the stuff you put on cereal or make milkshakes with? I only ask because there are times you Canadians confuse me…..please see poutine.

View attachment 100376
What's up with cheese curds? Why mess with fries and gravy?

View attachment 100376
Not to be confused with Poitín which has been anglicised to also be spelt poteen. A fierce Irish moonshine.
2 of those and you can see through time!

T

Not to be confused with Poitín which has been anglicised to also be spelt poteen. A fierce Irish moonshine.
2 of those and you can see through time!

T
I had a “religious” experience with the poitín you mention. I was at a private Glendalough Irish whiskey tasting a few years back. They had all their whiskies lined up in age in front of each person along with one gin. There was also a small clear dixie cup of what I assumed was water (because it was right next to a bottle of water) to rinse between each tasting. We had just tried a 4 year old whiskey which I found to be harsh so I grabbed the dixie cup and basically slammed it back. Talk about all kinds of fire filling my chest lol

Dec.14 ASD2/Wilkinson(2) ............. RV Shavemac ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Today is shaping up to be a pretty good one. After grabbing a quick coffee and putting out the recycling and compost for pickup, I settled into a nice video-chat with a friend. Time went by so quickly that, before you knew it, it was 2 hours in and my eyeFoney was saying LOW BATTERY.

Just finished my shave and getting ready to travel crosstown (~80km/50m one way) to pick up my mom to visit us until Sunday night. This way, we'll beat the storm that is scheduled to come in tomorrow and deliver around 10cm/4inches of snow by Friday morning. On Sunday, we're having my brother's family over for an early, early Christmas dinner as ... well... life is busy all around.

Back