The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.14 ASD2/Wilkinson(3) ............. RV Shavemac ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Another nice enough shave this morning, but I have a slight pimple forming right on the edge line of where my left sideburn (note: I don't really have a sideburn) stop-line is. Gonna be fun over the next couple of days with that.

Mom is appreciating the scent of the Stetson milk AS (Stetson AS blended with a sandalwood balm), as yesterday she proclaimed "You smell nice." Normally the "nice" is left out.

You worried me for a minute with the “Stetson milk”. Thought you were squeezing out the headband on your cowboy hat and using that for aftershave…..after all you do like the “blue ashtray” Pitralon.
🤠🤠

Czech Pitralon rocks! Not my fault that the arid Arizona climate has your sniffer:brain connections malfunctioning.

Dec.17 ASD2/Wilkinson(5) ............. RV Shavemac ........... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A nice run of shaves with this Wilkinson blade, but it is time to move on to anther. Tomorrow, I will go back to an old tried and true staple of the community with an Astra SP.

Dec.19 ASD2/Astra SP(2) .............. EJ STF synth ............. Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A nice and simple enough Monday morning shave. I do have to say that the Astra blade is not as sharp and smooth as the other blades I have in regular use. Still, it does a good day's work on my whiskers and provided a solid SAS both yesterday and today.

Dec.20 ASD2/Astra SP(3) .............. EJ STF synth ............. Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

Three(3) shaves on the Astra blade and it is done. I will continue to use them in rotation simply because I have them, not because their performance in the ASD2.

Back