The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.30 ASD2/Personna(4) ............ Omega boar, Sue ...... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

November comes to a close with me logging 16 DE shaves and 14 SE ones. My wife asked me last night when am I getting rid of "that bush" on my lip. I told her November is almost over. Methinks she will be happy when it gets shaved off tomorrow.

image.jpg

Nov.30 ASD2/Personna(4) ............ Omega boar, Sue ...... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

November comes to a close with me logging 16 DE shaves and 14 SE ones. My wife asked me last night when am I getting rid of "that bush" on my lip. I told her November is almost over. Methinks she will be happy when it gets shaved off tomorrow.

View attachment 99240
nice balls

Dec.02 ASD2/Gil.Super Thin(1) ...... Omega boar, Sue ...... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

What a craptacular shave this morning. I used a Gillette Super Thin blade for the first time and it was tugging like a 3 month-old cart which has been left in the shower stall. Painful is probably a good word to describe how this blade dragged an pulled. I turfed it immediately after the shave and will send on the remaining blades in the tuck to some poor unfortunate soul who has no idea what he is in for. @CVargo shouldn't even try this in his "bad blades" thread.

Here is the culprit...
1669993594476.png

The Cella balm is pretty much done, so I made some Stetson milk by blending Stetson AS (which is too strong for me) and Sandalwood balm to provide what I hope is a nice concoction to last me through to summer.

Dec.03 ASD2/Personna(1) ............. Omega boar, Sue ...... Cella ....................................... Stetson milk

A noontime shave today and it was soooooo much nicer than yesterday's misadventure. As a bonus, the Stetson milk smells great and absorbs very quickly with no greasy feel at all. I think this will work out just fine.

Back