The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.26 ASD2/Crystal(5) ............... Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

As expected, I am more than a little stiff in my right shoulder and ribs. What surprised me is my butt cheeks are sore as well and I'm pretty sure I didn't attend a college frat initiation last night.

Nov.27 ASD2/Personna(1) ............ Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

A late mid-afternoon shave today. Laundry started early but was interrupted by putting up the Christmas tree and watching the Canada-Croatia Word Cup game. Even though we got busted up in the second half, we did manage to score our first ever goal in the World Cup. We can no longer advance in the tourney but can still look forward to trying to get our first ever point (maybe even a win) in the tournament.

Nov.28 ASD2/Personna(2) ............ Omega boar, Sue ...... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

It's Monday, which means that it's time to swap out to a different brush! I went back to one of my favorite brushes of all time, the Omega boar, Sue edition! What a great handle and an even better knot! Lathering was super fast and uber-easy.

Do those also protect again the old "Frying pan to the back of the head" events?
frying-pan-hit.gif

Nov.29 ASD2/Personna(3) ............ Omega boar, Sue ...... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

A little too much buffing on the neck today led to the alum block pointing out some irritation in two swirly-hair spots. But that's 100% on me and not any of the equipment. All in all a pretty half-decent shave, or as we say in these here parts .... meh.

Back