The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.21 Injector I2/Personna(14) .. Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Yesterday's walk was good but quite chilly as we are still figuring out how to dress for the cooler weather we are having (only -9C/16F). Dinner was even better as I scarfed down a 14" pizza.

Today's shave was pretty good, but the blade was more than ready to be turfed after 14 shaves. All in all, nothing to complain about ... or, as I say... Meh.

Nov.22 ASD2/Crystal(1) ............... Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Back to the ASD2 and, do you know what? A fresh DE blade is better than a 14-shave Injector blade. Well ...Duh! In any event, it was a wonderfully non-descript shave of epic Meh-ness.

Bruce, it's not the cold that's the issue. It's the repeated brain freeze-thaw cycles that do the damage.

Nov.23 ASD2/Crystal(2) ............... Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Another nice shave this morning that ranks up there on the Meh scale. Getting ready to do some stuff around the house before settling in for this afternoon Canada-Belgium game in the World Cup.

epic Meh-ness
Awesome!
Bruce, it's not the cold that's the issue. It's the repeated brain freeze-thaw cycles that do the damage.
I do my best to avoid it now as much as possible.
I think by definition it can't. It's neither on the side of good nor bad from the direct middle of the continuum.
I've always envisioned "Meh" and "meh" to have a range, much like "close", "smooth", etc. But that's just me. :)

Nov.24 ASD2/Crystal(3) ............... Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

A most excellent lather today with the Paragon synthetic brush and Cella, the little red tub. Not too thick and not too runny, just perfectly in the Goldilocks Zone. The shave was, as expected, wonderfully Meh and a great way to kick off the coming day of bridge and chess.

Nov.25 ASD2/Crystal(4) ............... Paragon synth .......... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Another day in the books with Cella and I'm still loving it. I didn't go to chess club last night as the fog was VERY think and I don't trust the lane-changing wahoos on the road doing 30+ over the limit not to go up my tailpipe in the limited visibility. Other than that, there's not to much going on.

Back