The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.18 Injector I2/Personna(11) .. Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Another busy Thursday of afternoon bridge and evening chess is in the books. This morning I spelt in until 6:30 instead of my regular 6:20am. Thankfully, the storm that is going to hit Buffalo should not have too much effect on where I am at. I guess that the clouds don't have an up-to-date Passport or Nexus card.

Nov.19 Injector I2/Personna(12) .. Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Chilly out this morning, but at least there is only a slight dusting of snow on the ground from flurries earlier this week. Unlike just south across Lake Ontario where Buffalo is covered in snow that is deeper than I am tall in some places.

The blade is a little tuggy in the chin area but should easily last for two more shaves to hit the magic 14-number.

I’ll never forget my first experience with lake effect snow…….I had gone up to Canada to visit a friend and go to the Hockey Hall of Fame, Niagara Falls, then on the way back catch a Sabres game…….then the snow came……an experience I will never forget. The only bummer of the trip - we wanted to see the Leafs play - two reasons - they are my second favorite team and this was the time that the old Maple Leafs Garden had their last game and the next game was at the new arena.

Tickets for both games were in excess of $1200 each - and even in Canadian dollars - was too rich for my blood - so off to Buffalo we went 😂

Last edited:
Well, we ARE affected by the snow after all. *sigh*

We have booked a show back in September for tomorrow night (Simply Queen ... a Queen tribute band concert) but they can't get in because of the snow at the border. Definitely a :( and not a mehish 🤷‍♂️

Nov.20 Injector I2/Personna(13) .. Graydog silvertip ....... Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Nice shave this morning and, even better, we have made alternate plans for this afternoon and evening, with a 3:30pm walk to be followed by dining out with our friends for some Italian.

Here's the lip fuzz after 20 days. My wife can't wait until Dec.01 😜
unnamed.jpg

Back