The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.03 ASD2/Crystal(1) ............... EJ STF synth ............ Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Three days into November, which also means three days into trying to grow a mustache. I say "trying to" not because I have limited whisker-growing capability, but rather it will be based upon how long I can withstand my wife saying "Yuck! Shave that thing off!" before I relent.

Nov.03 ASD2/Crystal(1) ............... EJ STF synth ............ Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Three days into November, which also means three days into trying to grow a mustache. I say "trying to" not because I have limited whisker-growing capability, but rather it will be based upon how long I can withstand my wife saying "Yuck! Shave that thing off!" before I relent.
I shaved my goatee off once. My wife said if I ever do it again she’ll divorce me. 😲

Nov.04 ASD2/Crystal(2) ............... EJ STF synth ............ Cella ....................................... Cella balm

Well, that didn't take too long. My wife commented upon my lip-caterpillar yesterday with a "I see you are growing your beard again" but did not issue the shave-it-off order .... yet.

Just back from getting Covid shot#5. Sadly, no waiting and was able to book 30 mins in advance. I remember the good old days when you were lucky to get a booking 3-4 weeks out. Hopefully, I will be able to get a flu shot later this evening via a walk-in.
The clinic didn’t offer to shoot you up with both at the same time?

No, our pharmacies offer both Covid and flu shots, but I was unable to get the flu shot today as they were "too busy. Maybe after 7pm" even though there was nobody in the seating area. 🤷‍♂️ Instead, I opted for the quick-turn-around dedicated Covid-shot facility and will try to find the flu shot when I can. The online-wait-list for the pharmacy's flu shot is poopy, as my wife and I are still waiting an appointment for last year's flu shot. :cautious:

Maybe a bit of (illegal drug) for dessert?

The fact is the pharmacies are inconsistent. The 'flu shot is notoriously ineffective anyway, but when i got a 'flu and covid shot they were combined. When HRH went there a week later they were not, so she had to have one in each arm. What can i do with a wife that complains about pain in both shoulders?
>:o)

T

Nov.05 ASD2/Crystal(3) ............... EJ STF synth ............ Cella ....................................... Cella balm

I had planned on a mid-morning shave, but silly me, it turns out that this morning was for grocery shopping : Costco (never a quick trip), Bulk Barn (for Christmas black cake), and normal groceries. I was pretty hungry when we got home at 11:30 and, strangely, food took priority over shaving.

Here's what five(5) day's worth of growth looks like...
unnamed.jpg

HNov.05 ASD2/Crystal(3) ............... EJ STF synth ............ Cella ....................................... Cella balm

I had planned on a mid-morning shave, but silly me, it turns out that this morning was for grocery shopping : Costco (never a quick trip), Bulk Barn (for Christmas black cake), and normal groceries. I was pretty hungry when we got home at 11:30 and, strangely, food took priority over shaving.

Here's what five(5) day's worth of growth looks like...
View attachment 97399
Nice lip hamster. Keep it going!!! 🐹

Back