The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.23 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A nice shave this morning while laundry is in progress and my wife is cooking up a storm for Diwali. Even though it is actually tomorrow, we are having folks over today, as tomorrow is a work day (for some folks ;) ). Lots of tasty num-nums being cooked up and the scents are making me salivate already; only 6 more hours before I can dig in and feast! Lunch will probably be a peanut butter sammich.

Oct.24 ASD2/Crystal(1) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Diwali dinner was wonderful last night. Curry channa and aloo, curried squash, chataine, caraili, mango talkari, buss'up shot roti, and for dessert, ladoo, gulab jamun, and more! This morning's shave was nowhere near as exciting as all that stuff!

Oct.25 ASD2/Crystal(2) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another nice morning shave. The Captain's Choice soap is now very much a cream from residual water over the past almost 3 months of daily usage, but as expected, it's performance hasn't changed one iota ... or even two for that matter.

Oct.26 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

It's Wednesday, which means it's garbage day, so fully dressed at 6:30am instead of around 7:30am so I can put everything out curbside. I do not put out things the night before as raccoons, skunks and squirrels like to rip open bags and spread their contents all over the yard and street. I know this, as every Wednesday morning, I get to look out the window at the mess across the road. Blah.

Oct.26 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

It's Wednesday, which means it's garbage day, so fully dressed at 6:30am instead of around 7:30am so I can put everything out curbside. I do not put out things the night before as raccoons, skunks and squirrels like to rip open bags and spread their contents all over the yard and street. I know this, as every Wednesday morning, I get to look out the window at the mess across the road. Blah.
Christmas gift idea for Sam.. This is an art print called "Lords of the Landfill" 😁

il_1140xN.3383561589_h1uz.jpg

Last edited:
We have the wheelie bins here with a hinged lid on and they keep the critters at bay. My task like yours is to put them out on trash days which are Tuesday and Fridays here.
You can imagine my annoyance after i put the bin, with the handle facing the binman for ease, on the edge of my drive and having had this Tuesday at home, watched as he rolled it to the truck to empty it and then threw it across the road in the general direction of my house in return, where it fell over and stayed until i went out to pick it up!
Since i am quite happy to use colorful language, that exchange went well!

Perhaps next week i shall put out bags instead full of grease and cat litter for that 'Let's look like a donut on Tuesday' effect. Raccoons here haven't managed a reef knot yet, to help out!

T

Oct.27 ASD2/Crystal(4) ................ Sagrada synth ......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A brush change-up today and over to the first good synthetic that I used, the Yaqi Sagrada. Every synth I used prior to this was stiff and/or prickly. A few I have used since have also been in that category too.

Being Thursday, today will be a busy day out and about, as there is bridge club in the afternoon and chess club in the evening.

Our garbage and recycle pick-up is still the chap hanging off the back of the truck. The town next to us has the automated clamper trucks.

Oct.28 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................ Sagrada synth ......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another nice shave this morning. The soap is coming near the end of its life, with me now swirling the brush on the very outer edges of the container to pick up enough product to use. I would venture a guess that there is maybe 3-4 shaves left, but I would not be surprised to have it last a week

Back