The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.19 ASD2/Crystal(1) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

The ASD2 continues to impress with both its ease of use and its efficiency. Whiskers come off without any effort ant all and the mildness of the razor means that I can buff away to my heart's content.

Me too! The ASD2 and my I2 Hydro-magic Injector both fit the bill. I'd love to pick up Bullgoose's new Asylum Injector to try, but not at $189US and not at even half that price.

Me too! The ASD2 and my I2 Hydro-magic Injector both fit the bill. I'd love to pick up Bullgoose's new Asylum Injector to try, but not at $189US and not at even half that price.
I didn't know anybody was making true injectors (no plates to assemble) anymore.

Oct.20 ASD2/Crystal(2) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another nice shave this morning with the ever-reliable ASD2. Today is shaping up to be my regular busy-Thursday with afternoon bridge club, followed by chess club in the evening. But before I head out for morning groceries, I had a good look through the windows to make sure there were no velocigoosie footyprints around.

For those following the chess cheating drama that is going on with World Champ Carlsen and Niemann, now that the US Championship is over, Niemann has launched a $100M lawsuit in response....

Oct.21 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

It's Friday once again! I didn't go to chess club last night as I had a headache after supper; my wife said she had the same when I mentioned that I would be staying home. Must be a bug, but (other than out with our walking buddies) we rarely go anywhere besides grocery shopping. Meh. 🤷‍♂️

Oct.21 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

It's Friday once again! I didn't go to chess club last night as I had a headache after supper; my wife said she had the same when I mentioned that I would be staying home. Must be a bug, but (other than out with our walking buddies) we rarely go anywhere besides grocery shopping. Meh. 🤷‍♂️
So you said 'screw the club - i'm staying home with the wife instead.' 'Besides we have correspondence chess!'
Sounds reasonable to me.
And an upvote on Omega boar brushes - i have about 4 of them and they are a delight when broken in - well worth a tenner!

T

Oct.22 ASD2/Crystal(4) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

After just over three weeks with my Omega boar, I reached for the Chubby-2 synthetic this morning for a pre-8am shave. That might be normal for you, but I generally shave around 9:30-10ish so as to let my wife sleep in without being woken by the sounds of the shower pipes gurgling. As she was still off in dreamland when I was done, I will give some thought to reverted back to what was my workday routine.

Once upon a time i used to tiptoe around the house as i got ready to go to work, was quite capable of showering, making my coffee and dressing in the dark all so as not to awaken the Kraken. But i gradually began to notice that even if i had all the lights on and was banging around in my wardrobe, she never stirred.
When one of the cats farts 2 rooms away, she's there like a bolt of lightning to make sure it's okay!
My money is on shaving in the evening when i am not half dead.

T

Once upon a time i used to tiptoe around the house as i got ready to go to work, was quite capable of showering, making my coffee and dressing in the dark all so as not to awaken the Kraken. But i gradually began to notice that even if i had all the lights on and was banging around in my wardrobe, she never stirred.
When one of the cats farts 2 rooms away, she's there like a bolt of lightning to make sure it's okay!
My money is on shaving in the evening when i am not half dead.

T
Now that’s funny.

Back