The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.16 Injector I2/Personna(12) ... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Out and about grocery shopping this morning and we ended up going to three places and still didn't find parboil rice at anything close to a half-decent price. I guess it's inflation when I actually notice a difference in the prices of what I buy.

Here you go....

Oct.17 Injector I2/Personna(13) ... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

'Tis Monday morning and what a glorious Monday it is! My wife is now back to WFH for two weeks, so she got to sleep in an extra two hours while I got up at 7 (instead of 6:30) and had my first coffee (#3 is now done) and caught up on the news without having to watch the clock to ensure we left the house on time.

With 13 shaves on the Personna, the shave was pretty Mehishly good as well.

Last edited:
Oct.18 Injector I2/Personna(14) ... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A fortnight of shaves on a Personna SE blade is my standard, even though I have used them for 3 weeks on occasion. I'll switch back to my ASD2 tomorrow. I'll clean up all the non-root vegetables from the garden today as tomorrow is brown-bag yard waste pickup by the town. That will leave just the carrot and beet to enjoy at our leisure.

Back