The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oh, before I head out.......
thanksgiving-3.gif

We hold it in the correct month in Canada. ;)

Oct.11 Injector I2/Personna(7) ..... Sagrada synth ......... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Oct.12 Injector I2/Personna(8) ..... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

We got back in town this evening at around 6:30pm.

On Monday (shave already discussed), we drove up to the ski/hiking/fishing resort and arrived at 4pm to find that all the restaurants withing 45 mins drive were closed for Thanksgiving. Thankfully we had all packed cold cuts, buns, and other delectable num-nums to got with the wine and sangria-in-a-can that we had brought, so all was well. We did hike up the ski lift path about 1/2-way up the hill and that was a steep climb and it was starting to get to dusk, so we headed back down the steep slope, which took longer than going up.

Yesterday, I was up early, had a quick shower'n'shave, and headed down to gorge on the hotel's breakfast: coffee, banana, oatmeal, muffin, yogurt and a cookie. That was enough to see me though to lunch. LOL Hiking as a nice 2 hour trail walk, ending up at a place called Eagle's nest, which was a rock face dropping straight down about 4-500 feet. Beautiful view of a pond and colorful trees stretching for miles in all directions.

Skipped the shave this morning as we checked out at 10am, but we stopped in a bunch of small towns on the way home sightseeing rather than driving straight back. No complaints from me, but I was scruffy when we got home and and now nicely cleaned up. Tomorrow morning's shave should be super easy-peasy.

Oct.13 Injector I2/Personna(9) ..... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

As expected, this morning's shave was super easy with only minimal resistance put up by my neck whiskers. Some good rain overnight and this morning but the $64,000 question is "Where was this at when we needed it in the summer?"

Oct.14 Injector I2/Personna(10) ... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A mid-morning shave was on deck today... mainly because I got caught up reading the news and such. It ended up pretty good overall, but I had to go slower than normal around the swirly hairs at the base of my neck. It's still not great, but is SAS and that's good enough.

I had to go slower than normal around the swirly hairs at the base of my neck.
Have you ever tried pivoting the head of your razor around a fixed point on your neck? In the direction of the swirl for WTG and the other direction for ATG. Boom, smoother than a baby's bottom. 😇

Oct.15 Injector I2/Personna(11) ... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A nice enough shave to be classified as a rock solid "Meh" on this chilly morn. Heading out later on to pick up some orthotics so that I don't have to constantly be moving my current inserts from my runners/walkers to my hiking boots.

Oct.15 Injector I2/Personna(11) ... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A nice enough shave to be classified as a rock solid "Meh" on this chilly morn. Heading out later on to pick up some orthotics so that I don't have to constantly be moving my current inserts from my runners/walkers to my hiking boots.
1665875469509.png

Back