The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.07 Injector I2/Personna(3) ..... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

On the weekend, my walking buddy and I were discussing pumpkin pie and we both agreed that 1/2 of a pie once is more than enough for the season. Our wives both said yucky-icky-poo-poo stuff about pumpkin pies and suggested we buy a pie and split it; they're geniusesesessses and goodly big smart. So, yesterday after bridge club, my buddy gave my 1/2 of a 2-lb pumpkin pie. Strangely enough, my wife didn't eat any and I had a full 1lb slab still waiting for me at 11:12 pm when I got home after chess club...
unnamed.jpg

It somehow vanished while sitting on my lap for 15 minutes as I was taking in the excitement* of the Broncos-Seahawks slobberknocker.
1.jpg

Oh, and this morning's shave was Meh-ilicious!

Pumpkin pie gets a bad rap.. I love it! Add a dollop of whip cream and a dash of nutmeg. 🥧

giphy.gif

The wife makes a mean homemade pumpkin pie (that she can't eat because she's allergic to cinnamon) so I get the whole pie. Best thing is: she doesn't use any sugar, only honey so its nearly guilt-free (I do load on the homemade whipped cream).

Pumpkin pie helps make Autumn Autumn. Through the year I like to dash a little pumpkin spice on vanilla ice cream sometimes too. .

2nd Saturday in October is U.S. National Chess Day . Happy pawn grabbing.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Oct.08 Injector I2/Personna(4) ..... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Today's shave was pretty gosh darn good, with the exception of a tiny weeper that just kept on leaking and leaking. In the end I had to bring out the old styptic pencil to do the job. I can't remember when I last had to use it ..... and I don't have any of this stuff...
1665237195718.png

In other news, today is one year since Ed's passing. I still miss meeting up with him for natas, coffee and shooting the breeze.:(

Sam, I'm disappointed in your Blue Jays. I was rooting for them. The Jays have rotten luck - two outfielders collide at full speed, and Seattle scores 3 to tie it up. Aarrgh!

I have no idea. I don't watch baseball.

Now.... iffen they were my Blue Jays, I figger I would sell them, pocket the cash, and retire.
Yeah, I could live on a few billion dollars.

The only games I watch during the season are Red Sox - Yankees. For true fans, it's high drama. I enjoy catching some playoff games. The deeper the playoffs go, the more I pay attention. I don't have a dog in this fight, so I just go by who I'd rather see lose, and root that way.

Oct.09 Injector I2/Personna(5) ..... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A mid-afternoon shave today of nothing noteworthy, which is bang-on good in my book.

We were not sure what we were going to be doing for our anniversary today; in the end, we've decided on Greek take-out. We would have liked to eat-in but our favorite place is still not open for dine-in. That's okay, as their food is awesome no matter where it is devoured.

Oct.10 Injector I2/Personna(6) ..... Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

I'm still full after yesterdays feasting! Calamari to start, gyros on a pita with salad and a bun for me, stuffed chicken breast with salad and a bun for her ..... homemade hot sauce to spice things up.
unnamed.jpg

BTW this morning's shave was pretty good. We're heading out for two nights in the woods (well, okay, cottage country) with our bestest walking buds to do some hiking. Should be back on Wednesday as wifey works on Thursday.

Back