The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.24 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another wonderfully meh shave this morning to kick off the weekend. Summer has surely packed up its bags and checked out for the year. It will probably check back in once or twice to see if it forgot anything, but for the most part, the only way we'll see it again is to travel to the Caribbean in Jan/Feb.

Sep.25 ASD2/Crystal(1) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

After five(5) shaves with the Crystal, a new blade went in this morning. Not as smooth on the neck as normal, but normal for me is a CCS. This puts the neck at a SAS but still DFS-looking, so I am safe as long as strangers don't start trying to caress my neck.

Oh I almost forgot...

I
1632588198089.png

Working 9 to 5
Ain't my way to make a living
I've got peace of mind
No more time to be a-givin'

Today is Sep.25 or 925 and marks my 2nd anniversary from packing it in fixing other people's problems.
Life is good. (Thanks, Tim!)

Sep.26 ASD2/Crystal(2) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Since it is the start of another week, I decided to start another brush. Up for use now is the Chubby-2 synthetic beast. This is a hungry brush in that it likes to east soaps and creams, but it is not a greedy one and is willing to easily share its gobs of lather with my ugly mug. It's a good start to what is looking to be a busy week with lots of running around to do.

Sep.27 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ Chubby-2 synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another nice and simple face lathering shave with the CH-2 synthetic. One of the nice things about this knot is that it releases lather easily enough and I don't have to load and load and load like with some denser badgers just to get a decent shave.

Back