The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.22 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Back to *Meh* results this morning. Understand that MEH is not the same as bad or even sub-standard. For me, it simply means that this was a good solid shave; nothing fancy and nothing untoward. It's my hoped for result. I don't chase BBS (I actually don't think I was ever BBS since I started shaving) and I end up with a DFS, that's a bonus. Basically, CCS on the cheeks and a SAS on the neck and goatee area (some tough spots there!) and I am good to go. My scruff grows back fast enough for it not to matter overly much.

I would chose to play like Karpov, if I could; a cold eyed killer fish with no emotions at the board.
View attachment 94040

But I probably play more like this guy after having 8 butterbeers...
View attachment 94039

In real life, I enjoy the slow and steady grind to an assured victory rather than a brilliant tactical slugfest where the other guys gets chances. I'm probably more a boa constrictor than a viper.
i thought long and hard before i asked that question, because i still rate Anand as amazing given that he's old and still plays at the top level. Kasparov was brilliant and he was the WC when i was growing up.
But i settled on someone that was a really attacking player and beat 11 current or former World Champions and really shook the chess scene up. Judit Polgar.

Shame about the shave (not hers - yours!). i have to chase that BBS and i pay for it in blood.
T

i thought long and hard before i asked that question, because i still rate Anand as amazing given that he's old and still plays at the top level. Kasparov was brilliant and he was the WC when i was growing up.
But i settled on someone that was a really attacking player and beat 11 current or former World Champions and really shook the chess scene up. Judit Polgar.

Shame about the shave (not hers - yours!). i have to chase that BBS and i pay for it in blood.
T
Judit shows no mercy. I like her play a lot.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Sep.23 ASD2/Crystal(4) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another Meh-ishly nice and easy shave this morning.

BTW It's Friday and you know what the means? Yep, you guessed it, yesterday was Thursday and tomorrow is Saturday. Have a great one, folks!

Sep.23 ASD2/Crystal(4) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another Meh-ishly nice and easy shave this morning.

BTW It's Friday and you know what the means? Yep, you guessed it, yesterday was Thursday and tomorrow is Saturday. Have a great one, folks!
I went through a few of your games yesterday. I went through, it seems, a couple of your Scandinavians and a Slav Noteboom and one you had white. You're sharp!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back