The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.17 ASD2/Crystal(3) ................ EJ STF synth ........... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Back to the EJ STF synthetic this morning and, yes, it is MUCH better for face lathering than the Asylum Cheswick ... which is exactly what I expected. Even if the blade isn't as good as a Personna, my shave results this morning are more than good enough for me to venture out into the world with a mask on.

Sep.18 ASD2/Crystal(4) ................ EJ STF synth ........... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

An early morning shower before we got up.
Coffee #3 brewing.
A very nice shave.
Getting ready to go visit mom, and then finally...
Off to an early supper to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday.

Sounds like a gosh-darn golly-gee pretty good day to me!

Sep.19 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................ EJ STF synth ........... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Yesterday was, as expected, a VERY good day. Weighed myself in the evening and the buffet feasting BDay celebrations appear to have added about 2.5 lbs by the time I went to bed. Well, at least, that's what the scales said last night!

Today was another meh-ishly good shave and tomorrow will see a new Crystal plopped into the ASD2.

Sep.19 ASD2/Crystal(5) ................ EJ STF synth ........... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Yesterday was, as expected, a VERY good day. Weighed myself in the evening and the buffet feasting BDay celebrations appear to have added about 2.5 lbs by the time I went to bed. Well, at least, that's what the scales said last night!

Today was another meh-ishly good shave and tomorrow will see a new Crystal plopped into the ASD2.
That's pretty much like filling your pockets with rocks isn't it?

Sep.20 ASD2/Crystal(1) ................ EJ STF synth ........... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

A new Crystal blade in the ASD2 this morning and, yes, the same not-quite-up-to-the-level-of-the-Personna feeling. Even so, the result of the shave was pretty good and I deem it a success.

Summer is rapidly winding down here. The AC has been turned off for over a week and it's now getting dark around 8pm. We even pulled up a few carrots from the garden to put in some soup yesterday, so fall has that going for it! :love:

Sep.21 ASD2/Crystal(2) ................ Omega boar ............ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Switched to my Omega boar (Sue edition) this morning and, man, what a nice brush this one is. Easy peasy loading, easy peasy face lathering, great gobs of lather, and an easy peasy shave. I need to use this brush more often.

Too late!
giphy.gif

Back