The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Gonna need to start bringing in some angel food cake and whipped cream into these shaves!
I could've done the cake and whipped cream yesterday. I had a very good shave with two passes, but NOooo, I had to go chase a glass finish and ended up with two smallish razor burns, both on my chin. My chin seems to be the bane of my shaving. I also have a little scar on the underside I always have to be gentle with.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Sep.08 Slim@4/Personna(4) .......... Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

No strawberries with this morning's shave, so.... woohoo!

Chess club will be starting up in a few weeks and I just begun getting back into playing bridge after almost 20 years away from the game. Bridge should be interesting, as after playing last week, I am realizing how much I have forgotten. Thursday's are looking to be busy days for me as bridge is in the afternoon and chess in the evening.

Sep.08 Slim@4/Personna(4) .......... Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

No strawberries with this morning's shave, so.... woohoo!

Chess club will be starting up in a few weeks and I just begun getting back into playing bridge after almost 20 years away from the game. Bridge should be interesting, as after playing last week, I am realizing how much I have forgotten. Thursday's are looking to be busy days for me as bridge is in the afternoon and chess in the evening.
Play well

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Sep.09 Slim@4/Personna(5) .......... Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

For no other reason than "because I can," I think I will switch over to swapping out blades after five(5) shaves rather than the normal seven(7) that I have been doing. Changing to a fresh blade on a Monday just made it VERY easy to remember, but since I was using a die to count shaves as well, ..... meh.

Bridge yesterday was interesting. A lady at our table kept forgetting if she was in her hand or on the board, but even more shocking, asked at about 5 different times, which direction play went. *sigh* Oh well, it makes me look like an expert player.

Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini fritters) and Saganaki (flambeed cheese) as appetizers. I had Melitzanes Imam (stuffed eggplant topped with feta). My wife had grilled salmon, and our friends each had a chicken souvlaki dinner. And for desert, my wife and I split some Ravani (greek cake with a citrus syrup sauce) while they had a brownie.

BTW I'm the one who is big on our 1st date anniversary. I think it's more important than our wedding anniversary.

Sep.10 ASD2/Personna(1) ............. Paragon synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Triple swap-out this morning: razor, blade, and brush! OMG! I'm not sure I'll recover from this shock to the system for a few days! LOL

Shave was great (not just "meh") and every time I use the Paragon, I appreciate it more and more.

Have a great weekend, all'y'all!

Sep.11 ASD2/Personna(2) ............. Paragon synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another very wonderful double-meh worthy shave grading today! The ASD2 truly is a great piece of kit and works exceedingly well for one with as few working brain cells as I.

I know my NY Giants are not a very good team, but -13!!!
1662936985667.png

man-sports-center.gif

Back