The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.12 ASD2/Personna(3) ............. Paragon synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

It's Monday and there are more than a few reasons to be happy!
- Great shave this morning
- It's raining outside (something we've badly needed for a LONG time)
and....

The NY Giants won a game!

Woohoo!

Sep.13 ASD2/Personna(4) ............. Paragon synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with my shaves lately, but they've been much better than my meh-ishly good normal. Whatever it is, I can only hope that it keeps on keeping on.

Yes, I know ... another day of "shock to the system" for NurseDave!

Have a great day!

Sep.14 ASD2/Personna(5) ............. Paragon synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Another above average shave for me today. I'm not sure whether it is this particular blade, switching back to the ASD2 from the Slim, or the conjunction of Saturn and Mars in the heavens (BTW I had no astrological insights), but for whatever reason, things are just clinking since Saturday.

Sep.15 ASD2/Crystal(1) ................ Cheswick synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

After five(5) excellent shaves on the Personna, I switched over to a new Crystal blade this morning. My initial impression is that the Personna on it's 5th shaves is nicer than this new blade, but my post-shave feel about 15 minutes later says that this shave is pretty smooth after all.

Sep.16 ASD2/Crystal(2) ................ Cheswick synth ....... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Second day with the Crystal and methinks that I will be lucky to get a full five(5) shaves from this blade. Also the second day with the Cheswick brush. As much as I like the Rover-type handle, the knot is too stiff and springy for a no-brainer face lathering shave. Perhaps this one is better used for bowl lathering?

Back