The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Sep.02 ASD2/Personna(4) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

After all my harassment yesterday about bowl lathering 😜, I reverted to my normal face lathering routine and ..... hey, this works too! 🤪 Beyond that, it was a very nice meh-shave to kick off our 5 day weekend as, in addition to Labour Day, my wife also took today and Tuesday as vacation days.
What is this shaving thing you speak of?

Sep.03 ASD2/Personna(5) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

An early 9am shave this morning (everything is relative!), as we finally managed to co-ordinate a walk with our buddies before it got too hot. Even at 11am when we finished, it was already close to 30C/86F without the humidex. We also wisely choose to walk by the lake. Looks like the walk was fruitful for my wife as we seem to be lining up for an October-ish trip with them to go stay in a cottage for a few nights.

Sep.04 ASD2/Personna(6) ............. Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm
Sep.05 Slim@4/Personna(1) .......... Chubby-2 synth ..... Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

On a short road trip / visit this weekend, left on Saturday afternoon and back home just over an hour ago. The ASD2 went with me for Sunday's shave and I waited until I got back home to swap out the blade for today's whisker chopping episode. Nothing eventful on the trip, just off to see some friends who moved about a month ago and deemed themselves unpacked enough to have visitors. We'll try to get back to see them again this year if all goes well.

Sep.06 Slim@4/Personna(2) .......... Sagrada synth ........ Captains Choice 45th Parallel ... Cella balm

Last day of our 5-day weekend and my wife knows to to rock it to effect: she decided to sleep in! Me, on the other hand, was up around 6:30 as per normal. A late morning shave which was 4/5 mehs as there was a strawberry or two on my chin to (try to) make me look pretty. .... BTW it didn't work. 🤪

Back